Chapter 5: Sonic and Tails

Here's a look at what Sonic and Tails are up to… very interesting, eh?

Sonic the Hedgehog © Sega

*.*

Tails' P.O.V.

"Damn it!" Sonic slammed the table after losing another round of Blackjack. I chuckled, since I had hit Blackjack 7 times in a row. Sonic had probably lost over 600 rings by now.

We were sitting in my workshop after fixing the X-Tornado… again. Sonic told me he had nothing to do today, so we started gambling. Sonic was really sucking.

"I don't know what your problem is, Sonic. You just have no luck tonight." Sonic glared at me. I glared back. "So what was so important that you had to ditch today, anyway?" Sonic laughed then looked at me.

"Amy invited me to go to Disneyland with her, Rouge and Knuckles. Hell, I couldn't stand being with her for a whole day!" I nodded, though I had no idea what he was talking about. I didn't understand why he didn't like Amy; I thought she was a nice person and a good friend. Not that I have a crush on her or anything like that. Nah, I've got my eyes on a different girl…

"And why wouldn't you? Amy is a perfectly fine person. I don't know what your problem is," I said to the blue blur. He looked at me as if I were crazy. I probably was in his mind.

"She's an annoying fangirl who can't keep her distance from me!" Sonic looked at me and shook his head. My eyes widened a little at his random outburst.

"I wouldn't call her annoying. She really does care about you Sonic; she's just concerned about you a lot. Haven't you ever thought of it that way? She gave up her desire to marry you because you gave up on her. You simply told her to leave you alone and that you didn't want to speak with her at all. That's why she accepted you as just a friend. She knew you never wanted to be anything more, so she tried to make you happy by just being there for you or just trying to be your friend. Yet you still see her as an 'annoying fangirl'. I just don't get it Sonic." After I finished my speech, I looked up at Sonic, who was staring into space. I waved my hand in front of his face, yelling his name. He shook his head and looked at me.

"Sorry, I was just lost in thought…" Sonic drifted off again. I sighed.

"So are you going to apologize to Amy for what you said to her?" Sonic tilted his head and looked up to me.

"What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you hear what I just said? About Amy and how rude you've been to her?" Sonic shook his head.

"No, I was thinking about the chilidog stand that was closing on Station Square Ave. Their chilidogs are like 2 rings!" Sonic stared dreamily out the window again. Everything I had just said to him went right over his head. Sonic was such an airhead sometimes. I sighed and got up to fix the X-Tornado some more. I stopped when Sonic started quizzing me.

"So buddy, what up with you and Cream? I know you both totally like each other." I blushed a bit.

"Nah, we're just friends."

"Uh huh, just friends who like to hold hands and hug and kiss occasionally," Sonic mumbled under his breath. I growled at him.

"Oh, and you and Sally aren't anything special, huh Sonic?" Sonic quickly looked away and chuckled.

"You never know, Tails. And you never will. What Sally and I do is none of your beeswax." I turned around to Sonic to give him a snappy comeback.

"I'm sure you're just friends. Friends who like to hold hands and hug and kiss occasionally." Sonic turned crimson. He looked down quickly.

"…so how's the X-Tornado looking?" I laughed at Sonic.

"Not bad. Wanna go for a ride to make sure it's working ok?" Sonic's head shot up at my request.

"Can I jump from the plane heroically and land right in line for those chilidogs and freak a bunch of people out like last time?" I sighed and slapped myself in the face. I nodded and he did a victory shriek and jumped in the back of the plane.

*.*

The reason this chapter was so short is because people asked if we could check in on what Tails and Sonic were so busy doing. And truly, I didn't really know what they'd be so busy with.

No, this isn't going to be a yaoi either. This is probably the only time we'll check up on them because this story is more meant to be a Shadamy and a Knuxouge, instead of a Tails and Sonic fic.

I'm sorry it's been a while since I've updated. I've had a mini disease of writer's block and finally got rid of most of it. Next chapter will be up ASAP, I promise.