Chapter 11: Tom Sawyer's Island

Have any of you guys actually been out to the island in this chapter? It's so cool! It was originally Tom Sawyer's Island, but it's Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island now. It's pretty bomb.

Sonic the Hedgehog © Sega

Disneyland © Disney

*.*

Amy's P.O.V.

I was pretty tired right now. But truly, I didn't know why. It's not like I got the best sleep in the world last night, but I did get some sleep. I guess I didn't get enough.

Shadow dragged me along as Rouge and Knuckles led the way to the island raft area. There wasn't a long line, thank goodness. We stood and waited for the next raft to come by. Knuckles sat down on a barrel, and Rouge sat on top of him. His eye twitched.

"You do realize I'm sitting here, right?" She turned around.

"Oh, hey Knuckles! How long have you been there?" He rolled his eyes at her before wrapping his arms around her waist. He snuggled his head into her neck. She turned pink and giggled. I laughed and leaned on Shadow. He didn't seem to mind and let me lean on him for support. I almost fell asleep right there I was so comfy. But the raft arrived, so Shadow nudged me and I woke up from my half asleep- half awake stage. We climbed aboard the raft. I sat down on a box with Rouge and Knuckles as Shadow stood and leaned on the railing.

The driver came over and started the raft. I watched as we sped over to the island in the heart of the Rivers of America. The lady unlocked the gate for us and let us run free. Rouge and Knuckles hopped up immediately, while Shadow waited for me to get up lazily. He laughed and walked along behind me. Rouge and Knuckles were eager to explore, but all I wanted to do was nap.

"Alright then Amy, I think Rouge has her phone on her. We're going exploring; you coming Shadow?" She shook his head.

"Somebody's gotta watch the troublemaker." Knuckles nodded and walked off with Rouge. I dragged my feet over to a bench and plopped down. Shadow came over and sat next to me. He nodded to me.

"So are you going to take a nap or what?" I giggled. "You can lie down you know; I won't bite." I laughed again. I swung my feet over the end of the bench and laid my head in his lap. I looked up to see his pink cheeks as he looked anywhere but at me. My cheeks turned pink too.

"You know you're blushing Shadow." He looked down at me.

"Pfff, I am not. It's hot out, if you haven't noticed." I shook my head.

"No, because your cheeks just got redder." He bit his lip. I had him good this time.

"Well it is kinda awkward for your head to be in my lap." I smirked.

"Do you want me to move then?" He bit his lip again.

"Uh... no, no, it's ok. I'll get used to it." I smiled and closed my eyes to drift off to sleep. But Shadow interrupted. "Hey, uh, Ames?" I looked up and opened my eyes.

"Yeah?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Never mind. Get some sleep." I raised an eyebrow before shutting my eyes again and drifting off to sleep.

Shadow's P.O.V.

I ran my fingers through her quills and smiled to myself. She was perfect. And I almost asked her out, but then something told me not to. I don't know what, but something said don't. She'd probably say no anyway. I looked down at her sleeping figure. She was smiling in her sleep, probably because of a good dream. I sighed heavily. It was so peaceful out here. Maybe I would take a nap too…