Chapter 2

Percy's POV

"Percy Jackson, my son," Poseidon boomed and the room fell dead silent.

"Percy has overcome every heroes expectation ever. Does any disagree with Percy becoming a Olympian god?" Zeus said. No one, not even Ares or Athena, disagreed.

"Does this mean I'll be stuck with Peter Johnson forever?" Mr. D grumbled.

"He and the other gods will relieve you of your camp service," Zeus said.

"YES! PARTY!" Dionysus called and flashed himself into some too tight, flashy bell bottom pants and danced around, shaking his- You know what, I'm not going to go there. Artemis covered her eyes, I guess her being a maiden goddess makes her more conscious of males wearing too tight pants when they are fat old guys like Mr. D. A few other of the Olympians chuckled.

"Dionysus, sit down," Hera said disdainfully. "Does anyone else object Percy being an Olympian?"

Suddenly, the three fates appeared. "Percy may not become a god," Lachesis, the hag in the middle said. They looked at me. I didn't see my life flashing before my eyes; instead I saw a clock turning. It was old fashioned yet ocean blue hands ticked around the golden clock face that seemed to have flames flickering throughout it. Then it disappeared the fates nodded at me as if they knew what I had saw.

"I will make Jackson a god!" Zeus roared. "He cannot refuse twice." With that, Zeus motioned to the other gods who raised their symbols of power and blasted me with them. I shoved Annabeth behind me and braced for the impact. It never came. I opened my eyes to a huge blue knitted sock infront of me taking the power. Seriously? A sock? The sock then flew back at Zeus electrocuting him with his own power and all the other Olympian powers. All the other Olympians received shocks as they jumped out of their chairs.

"Perseus Jackson must remain a mortal. He cannot become a god, even the fates cannot change this. It has been ordered by an older power than yourself," Clotho, the other fate said.

"This means he can still die, right?" Atropos, the fate of death said.

"Yes," her sisters said wearily as if they had this conversation regularly.

"Ah ha!" Atropos called. She pulled out a large pair of shears and ran around threatening to cut demigod's hair, until her sisters caught her. They dragged Atropos to the door, but Clotho stopped at the door.

"Here, Perseus," She called, tossing me the big blue sock. I caught it and looked at it. Great, what am I going to do with a big blue sock? Perseus, a voice said in my head, presumably Clotho's. As long as the sock is with you, no one can make you a god. Do not make the mistake of losing it, shall you become a god, your soul will be lost forever. As she said this, the sock shrunk into a small knitted pen pouch. I put riptide inside of it and watched in wonder as the sock melted into blue wave designs on the pen.

"I will have my son rewarded," My dad called out.

"Yes, but how?" Zeus said. "We can't make him a god."

"How about we let him pick a gift like the others?" Athena said.

"Good plan, Owl Brain, " Poseidon said.

"Shut up, barnacle beard!" Athena said, her face turning red.

"What would you like, son of Poseidon?" Artemis asked.

I thought for a while. "I would like for there to be some way for the greeks and romans to get closer together. To have a summer month and a winter month at each camp. But for the rest of the year, they could stay at the camp of their choosing. There should be a portal at each camp so the campers can have easier transportation from camp to camp. Also Hades and Hestia should be on the Olympian council.