Chapter 27

Amphitrite's POV

Our lips meet in a perfect kiss. It's so amazing, I can feel fireworks going off all around us. I wrap my arms around his next, feeling how they fit exactly between his arms and his neck like they were meant to be there. Hydros wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

I know what you're thinking. We just met this morning, but it seems like a life time ago. I'm married to Poseidon, but he has left me for another woman. Hydros seems to understand me and doesn't want me to be someone else I'm not.

We break apart and I stare into his eyes, smiling that I can still find a perfect man for my life.

Hydros intertwines his hands with mine. I love how our thumbs fit so well together, it's not awkward for either of us. "I have wanted to tell you since I first met you," He leans closer to me. "Just how beautiful you are. Poseidon doesn't know what he's missing."

I smile up at him. "You're not bad yourself," Leaning in for another kiss, we are interrupted by a loud Gong! We jump apart startled.

"That's the dinner bell in the castle. Come on," Hydros says, relinking our hands and we set off towards the dining room, happy to be together.

Percy's POV

At the loud gong that reverberated through the castle, I headed out of my door. All of my friends except for Amphitrite are streaming out of their rooms. I find Bianca as we walk out to the common room. When we arrive at the common room, no one is there as Hydros said they would be, so we sit down and talk instead. Soon, we land on the topic of being champions and such. I tell my friends about Chronos' and Hydros' offers. We go around, almost like a show and tell, and talk about our offers. It's Reyna's turn next.

"Umm, well instead of me being Tartarus' champion, he offered me a place as head general of the great army," Gasps emanate around the room as she says this.

"What did you say?" Hazel asks.

"I told him I would be honored to accept the position," Reyna responds. Good jobs and congratulations can be heard all around.

"So you won't be a primordial's champion?" Ricky asks.

"No, but training the army will be a full time job. Add meetings with the officers and other generals, keeping in shape, and any other junk that pops up, I'll be pretty busy," Just as Reyna finishes her sentence, Erebus walks into the light of the room.

"Hello, hello. Follow me, I'll be showing you the way," He says, before turning around and heading back the way we come. I talk a little to Bianca on the way to dinner. Dinner itself is amazing. Foods from earth like pizza and hamburgers, are present at the table but they taste so much better. Nyx tells us this is because they are healthier and have more vitamins for stronger bodies. The whole meal is relaxing and laughter is present often at the table. Hydros and Amphitrite sit next to each other, holding hands under the table. It's crazy, but I'm happy for them. About a third of the way through the meal, I notice Ananke is not at the table, she is probably very upset over her husband's fading.

When dinner is finished, everyone starts leaving. I tell Bianca I meet her back at her room and head to talk to Hydros. He seems to be waiting for me as he and Amphitrite are still at the table. He smiles when he sees me coming over.

"Made your decision Percy?" Hydros asks.

"Yes, I have decided I would love it if you became my real father," I tell him, the words making me feel happier just saying them.

Hydros smiles widens. "Excellent. All right, so I want you to say these words. I, insert full name, accept Hydros as my father. Then I will say I, Hydros accept Perseus Jackson as my son. Okay?"