Chapter 26

Percy's POV

"Me? Be the primordial of time?" I am flabbergasted.

Chronos sighs. "Have you ever noticed that there is no god of time on earth? Kronos is the titan of time and I am the primordial of time. When I fade, no one will be there to replace me. Time with by a wreck in chaos. I can either live out these next few years painfully or I can transfer all of my power into a being as my final act, fading peacefully. You, with the remains of Kronos you received in Tartarus, and your powerful abilities are most qualified for the job."

"But what about your wife Ananke?"

Chronos' golden eyes darken. "I have talked over with the council and Ananke. She doesn't want to see me in any more pain, neither does the rest of the council. They agreed this is the best way."

"Lord Chronos, with all due respect," I begin. "I would be honored to take your position of primordial of time, but if I was a primordial, I would be restricted by the ancient laws. If my friends went to battle, and I could not help them, it would break me, especially if one of them died. That is why I must decline."

He looks thoughtful. "I have a slightly altered suggestion for you. What if I was to transfer my essence into you, locking away the majority of it until the right time arises. I would leave about fifteen percent of my powers for you to practice with it, so when the time would come, you would be able to use it correctly."

I nod. "I accept, Lord Chronos. Two questions, though. How will I know when the time is right? Also, how will I unlock the power?"

"You will know," Chronos said, giving me one last smile. "Make sure my wife stays safe, will you?"

"Wait!" I cry, but Chronos thrusts his hands out and a massive golden light spans from Chronos to me. The light is so powerful and intense it throws me backwards. I flip over the bridge railing, landing in the water.

For a second, I act like I usually do underwater. Holding my breath for a long time, before breathing in the water to begin breathing normally underwater. I hold my breath for about forty five seconds, before taking a deep gulp of water in. Instead of turning to air, the water goes down my oxygen pipe. I begin to choke on the water. Oh crap! I forgot that I gave away my water powers. Quickly, I begin to struggle, attempting to swim upwards. But the water pushes me back down. A hand breaks through the surface of the water and reaches down to me. I have a feeling of deja vu of Bianca pulling me from the Styx as I grab the hand. I really need to stop drowning.

I break the surface and gasp for air. The hand that is my lifeline pulls me out of the water. I gulp a deep breath of air before turning to look at my savior. Hydros stands there, his hand that pulled me out not even wet.

"Well, I guess from the color of your eyes, that your meeting with Chronos went well," He said, chuckling a bit. I look it the water and see a pair of golden eyes staring back a me, before I remember what Chronos said about fading.

"Chronos!" I gasp and run over to the bridge where he and I talked, my shoes squelching as I ran. A gold pocket watch and a heart shaped locket lay where Chronos once stood. I try to dry my hands off and pick up the shiny items. The locket is delicate and beautiful. The golden links a perfect in size. On the front of the locket, the words are carved neatly into the locket.

Ananke,

I will always love you.

Your husband and love,

Chronos

Hydros appears beside me. His blue eyes fill with tears when he sees it. "He really is gone," Hydros whispers. I turn over the golden pocket watch in my hands. On the back, it reads,