Chapter 45

Percy's POV

Reyna swore loudly. "The troops of Olympus are not ready for attack! Order's army will burn the city of New York and destroy Olympus before they will be fully prepared."

I drew Bianca closer to me, squeezing my arm around her waist. "So don't let them fight yet. We can slow them down enough for the others to be ready."

"But you must fight the primordials! You have to be at your strongest to defeat them," Reyna disagreed.

I shrugged. "Better than everyone dying for us."

Frank and Nico nodded solemnly. "We're ready," Ivory agreed, her face grim but determined. I looked around at the faces of my friends, my family, and realized I would give my life to keep them safe. And they would do the same for me.

Reyna sighed, resigned. "Fine. Go now! And try to stay alive!"

I closed my eyes and felt our group teleport to the area where enemies were most concentrated. When I opened my eyes, we were all covered in our armor, our weapons at the ready. Bianca turned to me, her eyes afraid, not as much for herself, but her family and me.

"I love you," She said sincerely.

"I will always love you forever. To the very end," I replied, before kissing her once on the lips. The corners of her mouth turned up into a small smile.

I turned back the enemies. I was ready. I was willing to do whatever it takes to keep Bianca safe.