Chapter 32

Percy's POV

Amphitrite and Hydros told us of their engagement the following morning. It was hard not to miss their wide smiles and the ring on her finger. I have never seen my mom look so happy.

Flashback

It was about five-thirty in the morning and all of us champions were eating breakfast before our early morning training. There wasn't a lot of talking going on, it was early even for the morning people, but I was getting adjusted to it. Gaia and Ouranos were at the table, so were Aether, Hemera, Ananke, and the majority of the primordials. Hydros and Amphitrite were no where to be found. I was talking to Sparrow about how she was training with Hemera, even though she liked the dark much better than the daylight. Bianca who was sitting on my other side was talking to Pax about honing his powers from Hades, which he was struggling with.

Then Amphitrite and Hydros walked in. Their smiles were so big and happy, they lit up the entire room. They were holding hands and looked the happiest I have ever seen them. I saw a flash of something on Amphitrite's left hand as they sat down.

"Attention, Amphitrite and I have some news to share," Hydros clears his throat.

"We're getting married!" Amphitrite said excitedly.

I was shocked for a moment before I started clapping along with everyone else. Congratulations and well wishing were heard.

Aether walked up to Hydros. "You got the guts to propose," He clapped his uncle on the back.

Amphitrite looked around. "You knew about this?"

"Only the primordials, Hydros needed help on proposing, and Silena and Beckendorf, because they helped make the ring," Thalassa said.

Amphitrite smiled. "Then you all gave great advice."

"When's the wedding?" Gaia asked.

"Next week okay?" Hydros asked.

"Next week?" I said. I didn't know a lot about weddings, but my mom's and Paul's took months to plan.

"Percy, we've got the primordials of love, nature, sky, earth, light, dark, and a lot more. We can make a wedding happen in a day," Eros reminded me.

I nodded.

Flashback end

The next week was a frenzy of activity. There were new clothes to be made (or found), places to be picked for the wedding to take place, invitations to be sent out to the citizens of the Void and a lot more. Originally, they wanted a small wedding, but it ended up having to be so much more.

The morning of the wedding dawned clear and bright, just as Hemera, Aether, and Ouranos promised it would. The wedding was to be held in the castle ball room, seeing as it was the largest room, in the later afternoon, with the reception on the beach. Though many preparations had to be made throughout the week, some things could only be done on the day of wedding.

Currently, I was in Hydros' room with the other guy he had chosen to be his groom's men, I got no idea what it's called. Hydros chose his brothers, Erebus, Tartarus, Ouranos, with Pontus as the best man. He also chose Triton and me because we are his sons.

Hydros was already in his black suit, pacing in front of us. There was no specific rule saying that you had to wear certain clothes for a wedding, but the Void had adopted some of earth's traditions with the black suits.

"Hydros, stop pacing," Erebus said.

He stops to look at Erebus. "But what if Amphitrite figures out she doesn't want to marry? What if I say the wrong thing? What if-"