Chapter 10

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

And just like Lucas said that night, they became busy once the sun rose. Lucas filed books in front of her, telling her to read and study them. Astraea is not sure of what it was for but she did what she was told to do.

It was all about mana, how to use it, how it would benefit and detriment the person who has this. In a whole day Astraea studies, she too is eager to learn them.

But a day is not enough to be powerful just like Lucas.

She was a bit exhausted from studying all day without stopping, so she decided to step out and have some fresh air.

Astraea sat at the edge of the bridge, her feet dangling in the cold water as she stared at the moon. A peaceful night away from her siblings' eyes and parents' string, if only she could stay like this forever.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?". A voice interrupted. Astraea didn't need to look at the person to know who it was and just answered...

"Just... taking a break". She answered and looked down on the water only to see Lucas' reflection.

"It's already late, you should have slept". He said.

"Night is my only escape. It's my only freedom". She whispered before tilting her head back to look at Lucas who was looming over her.

"The moon is beautiful, right?". She asked with a wide smile. Lucas takes a look at the moon before looking back at her.

"It's the same as always, what makes it beautiful?". He asked.

"Pshhh, you always don't appreciate things". She pouted. Lucas didn't pay attention to what she said and just dropped his robes on top of her head. She's wrong. There's a lot of things that Lucas appreciates and one of them is her existence, though he won't say it out loud.

The albino one just grinds, she's used to this action of his. Whenever she sneaks out only in her pajamas, Lucas tends to cover her with his robe. A thing that Lucas also wants, he wants to see is the fifth Princess looking small in his clothes.

"It's cold at night, don't come out with just a thin layer of clothes". Astraea looks at Lucas softly before tightly gripping the robe.

"Lucas, you're a Great Magician, right?". She asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, why?". He asked.

"Can you walk in the water? I tried to do it but I always ended up falling". She chuckled, the ravenette sighed and stepped down from the bridge. Her face lit up, eyes widen, she looks at Lucas with amazement.

"Wow! Nothing's really impossible when it comes to you". If only she is like Lucas then she might be free now. Lucas then extended his hand to the girl.

"Come, you said you want to walk on the water right?". Astraea looks down on the water before gazing back at Lucas and hesitantly reaching his hand.

Lucas grabs her hand and gently pulls her up.

"I-"

"I can stand in the water!".

"Lucas! I can stand in the water!". She can feel the cold water under her feet. She was so happy that she accomplished one of the things she wanted.

Astraea tried to take a step but she didn't fall, a giggled escape on her lips as she started to run at the top of the water, making a splash as she kicked before swirling.

"Lucas". She called.

"Thank you". Her eyes crescent with a wide smile on her face. Her albino hair was shining under the moonlight. A sight that Lucas wants to keep.

Snapping his fingers, a beautiful melody played out of nowhere, the magician walked towards her, taking her hand, pressing his lips at the back of his hand, the dust of red rest on her cheeks. Lucas smiled and placed her hand on his shoulder and took her other hand, Astraea gave him a surprised look before delightedly following his step. Little lights coming from the fireflies dance along with them.

Their bodies move in sync, gaze never left at each other.

Luna is the witness, she witnesses these two people who secretly want to be in each other's arms forever.

"You're beautiful, Astra," Lucas confesses the moment their body met once again. With a flushed face, Astraea gave him a laugh. What's his reason for being so cheesy so suddenly?

"I know that." She replied, copying what Lucas always says whenever she compliments his looks. The warlock rolled his eyes.

"You sure know how to ruin the atmosphere." She once again laughed, apologizing about it.

"What makes you say those words, Lucas? Hmm?"

"Nothing."

"Lucas, where did you learn to flatter a lady?" She asked and giggled seeing how the magician scowled. For the first time, someone genuinely complimented her beauty. Tiptoeing, her lip finds its place on his cheek, which makes Lucas redden.

"Then I would gladly dress up for you."  

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅