Chapter 13

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

The calming sound of waves that hit the shores, the gentle fragrance of the salty-sweet ocean, and the cool night breeze that went along with Astraea's laughter. It sounds like music to the warlock's ears as he watches the latter run away from the ocean's waves.

"Kyahhhh, Lucas!" Astraea squealed when Lucas tried to drag her closer to the water.

"Stop! Oh my gosh, Lucas! " But her struggles went in vain as the warlock successfully threw her into the sea. Lucas laughs in victory that irks the princess and takes revenge by jumping on the warlock's back and hauling him under the water, which she successfully did.

"That's my payback, you piece of shit!" She yelled. Both splash water at each other. Their chuckles and giggles mix, which creates a beautiful melody. A type of melody that they won't get tired of hearing.

"That was fun!" Astraea exclaimed, head lying on Lucas's lap, their clothes already dried with the use of Lucas's power. Above them was Luna, with her millions of stars glittering in the night sky.

"Everything for you is fun." The warlock scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"It's because Lucas is always with me." Her reply caused Lucas's blood to rise in his face.

"Dumbass."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Astraea questions

"Lucas, do you believe in fairytales?"

"I don't believe in those shits." Truly, Lucas never once believed in those stories. For him, the plots of those stories are too unrealistic, although he was one of the proofs that fairy tales exist. Astraea hums as Lucas gazes on her, trying to deduce what is running through the princess's head.

"Fairy tales start with once upon a time and end with happily ever after." She uttered which made the warlock frown.

"And your point?" He asked. Cerulean orbs meet those ruby ones, eyes that drown her. Astraea lifts her hand and cups Lucas's cheeks.

'Will I be able to end my story too happily ever? " She thought, but her lips said otherwise.

"Lucas, let's make our own fairytale." 'One that doesn't end with happily ever after." Astraea couldn't say those last words.

Grabbing her delicate wrist, Lucas leaned down. So close that their breath ghosted each other's lips, but that didn't make the two back off.

"Happily ever after wouldn't be the end of our story." Hearing those words come out of Lucas's lips ached her weak heart as she gazed away from the warlock. But his next word makes her stare back at him.

"Because there is no ending to our story." Lucas then gently drew her up onto his thigh, arms wrapped around her small waist and face buried between her neck and shoulder.

"Stay." Her gaze softens. Fingers twirl at the tips of his raven hair.

"Lucas, you always knew me like a book that you have read a hundred times. You know my dreams, my hopes, my fears. You make my dream come true. You give me hope and protect me from my fears. "

"There's nothing else I want now other than to stay with you." Pushing the male slightly so as to be able to see his face, Astraea cups his cheeks and once again lets herself drown in those ruby orbs.

"I will be with you for the rest of my life."

(A/n: It always the Ily and never BTINETOS and IWBWYFTROML... Sorry for a short chapter. By the way, lovelies, do you want me to write another passionate Lucas x Astraea scene?)

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅