Chapter 15

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

"Astra."

"Earth to Astra." A soft pillow hit Astraea's face as it landed on her lap. She was snapped out of her thoughts as she gazed at the warlock before her, who was frowning.

"What are you thinking that makes you space like that?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow, as he popped another chocolate in his mouth. Astraea's lips form in an 'o' shape as she gazes at the pillow.

"Oh, it's nothing." Lucas looks at her with doubt, he knows her very well. Astraea chuckled and replied.

"It was really nothing. By the way, Lucas, you've been gone way too often. What makes you busy? " She inquired because Lucas would be absent from time to time, which piqued her interest in what kept the warlock so busy.

"Why? Do you miss me that much? " The side of his lips curled up, forming a smirk which Astraea mirrored.

"What if I say I do?" She retorted smugly as she caught the warlock off guard.

"You. You are becoming more shameless." said Lucas as he picked another chocolate.

"Just learn from the best." Astarea retorted, sticking her tongue out.

"Anyway, about your question. I've been searching for the sundrop flower. " He answered, which made the princess cock her head.

"Sundrop?" It was the first time she heard that name of flower. Why is Lucas looking for a flower?

"Yeah, Sundrop flowers exist every hundred years. It happens when a cosmic event occurs. A drop of sunlight will fall on the earth and grow into a golden flower. It was believed to be a gift from heaven since it could heal any kind of sickness or injury." Lucas explained as he flicked his hand, showing his sundrop flower with the use of his magic.

"It's hard to find since it did not grow in one place. There's a record that a sundrop flower grew in the east and the other in the west. The location changes every hundred years." He added.

"Why are you looking for sundrop flowers, Lucas?" Her question makes the warlock frown.

"Isn't it obvious? To heal you, idiot. " Astraea felt her brain unable to function, it was absorbed.

"To heal me? What are you saying? I'm perfectly fine, Lucas. " Lucas rolled his eyes and reached for a chocolate, which he hurled at Astraea, landing on her brow.

"What do you take me for? A fool? I'm a great magician. I know what you are going through. " This indeed surprised Astraea. She thought she was hiding it well, but it turns out that Lucas knew it right from the start. The shadow of death that was beside her the moment she was born.

"Then." She swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Why go to that extent, Lucas? You have seen it! It's not a sickness to be cured! Lucas, I'm going to die. It was already written!" The table between them was thrown across the room, but Astraea didn't flinch. Even a mad Lucas held her shoulder.

"You are not going to die. Not when I'm still breathing." Lucas said empathetically. Tears stream down her eyes. She wants to believe in Lucas. She wants to live longer than she was intended to. But Astraea can't fool herself nor Lucas; no matter what they do, it will happen. Therefore, it still makes her smile just by the thought of how far Lucas can do for her.

"Haa." She sighed and hid her face behind her palm. She admits her defeat, she lost. Astraea de Alger Obelia cut the string that was holding her back from falling in love with Lucas, the magician of the Black Tower. However, she can't go further than loving Lucas secretly because things are already destined.

Lucas kneeled down on the floor, he removed Astraea's hand from covering her face and used the back of his hand to wipe the tears that were falling from her eyes.

"You're not going to die, Astra. So don't say you were because I won't let it happen. " Ruby orbs full of sincerity and determination stared right at her jewel one.

"I really really like you, Lucas." She wants to voice it out. She wanted to say loudly how much she liked Lucas, but she held her tongue since it would only give hope to Lucas and her.

Astraea found herself standing in a field full of new blooming flowers. A warm ray of sun hit her skin. It was peaceful and beautiful. a perfect place for her to live.

Her lips curled up and her eyes showed tenderness when her gaze landed on a certain black-haired man standing not far away from her. A breeze blew by, making her white locks dance along with it. She tucked her hair behind her ears and opened her mouth to call his name.

"Lucas!" Imagine her surprise when an unfamiliar voice gleefully called for the man's name. It's not her; it sounded more like a melody than hers.

When someone unexpectedly passed by her, her eyes widened as she caught sight of her lovely face, her hair as bright as the sun. That unknown woman ran towards the man she loved the most. They are complete opposite. She's free. She's the embodiment of hope and light. While Astrea is someone who hides in the darkness like the moon.

Astraea watches how Lucas' face softens and smiles warmly at the woman, the way he always gives to her.

Jealousy boiled inside her. Her poor heart felt like someone was tearing it apart. Would it make her a bad person if she tore the two of them apart?

But then she realized something. A weak smile formed on her lips; a tear slid down her cheek.

"Right. Lucas deserves happiness and someone who's far better than me." Stepping her feet back, slowly, she looked away from them, turning her back against them as she left that beautiful place where Lucas was with the unknown woman.

"Things are far better if you are with her than with me, Lucas."

"So live and forget about me." 

(A/n: Omg I want to know your thoughts, please spare me some hehe.) 

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅