Chapter 17

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

The light coming from the large chandelier lit up the whole dining room, different varieties of food are served on the table yet for Astraea they all taste dull. On the long table she sat along with her 'family' peacefully having dinner, she forced herself to swallow the meal on her plate.

"Kyilum." Called by their father.

"How's the negotiation with the neighboring country?" He asked, Kyilum wipes his mouth first before starting their conversation regardless of the negotiation. Astraea paid no mind to them and just stared at her reflection on the silver spoon.

her mind filled with a certain black-haired warlock who is currently away. Two weeks without Lucas, it was too dreary for her, as if she went back to her old days; Gray. Astraea has a vague memory of how she survived those days full of nothing and uninteresting events.

"Astraea." A gentle hand touches her hand which snaps her back to reality, all the eyes of her siblings and parents gaze on her which makes her slightly flinch.

"His Majesty the Emperor has been calling you, yet it seems like you're drawn to your own world." the Empress sent her a sharp glance.

"Forgive my insolence, your majesty, I was lost in thoughts." slightly lowering her head as her father waves her hand.

"It's fine but next make sure you listen."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Just like what I'm saying, what's your opinion regardless of the negotiation with the Vesper Empire?" Hearing that familiar name of the empire makes her somehow lighten up.

"Vesper is a great Empire, they might lack the military but they hold a great power around the kingdom near them." She stated.

"Not only that but rare minerals also could be seen in the Vesper Empire. If this negotiation becomes successful I'm sure it will benefit us the most." She finished her words with a cunning smile, the Emperor let out a laugh, satisfied at his daughter's cleverness.

"Astraea, my brilliant child. I promise you that the first mineral we got from them will be yours." Astraea could feel the jealousy and hostility coming from her siblings and the empress.

"I'm honored, your highness."

"My daughter, you did great." Her mother whispered, caressing her back, offering her mother a boastful grin before she began to continue her meal. the next event became blurry for Astraea, all their words just passed through her ears.

Slowly walking back to her chamber, Astraea supported herself through the wall, head aching too much for her to handle and her surroundings started to spin which made her headache worsen.

Finally arriving at her room, her knees gave up as she fell on the hard floor. Her breathing started to be uneven, heart hammering inside her rib cage like it wants to be freed from her body. She felt she was on fire.