Chapter 12

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

(A/n: I changed Chapter 12 and unpublished Chapters 13–15 since they should be published after a few more chapters. AHAHAHHAHAHA. My bad, sorry.)

Astraea woke up in the middle of the night when she heard a tremendous thunder. She immediately jumped off her bed and opened her window as a strong wind and rain greeted her.

"Quarter". She whispered, worrying about the squirrel she saved weeks ago, who was living in the tree in her secret place. Without any thought, she carefully jumps off her window and balances herself on the sloped roof.

"If only there was no guard at my door, then I could leave without risking my life". She grumbled as she cursed under her breath.

Astraea slipped, causing her to slide down, scratching her body. As a reflex, she reaches out and grabs the edge of the roof.She was all drenched and trembling due to the sudden near death. The albino girl tried to pull herself up, but Astraea's grip loosened.

Eyes wide open as she felt her body fall, Astraea tried to reach for the edge of the roof but couldn't.

"Lucas". She whispered.

'If only I knew I was going to die here, I would have pestered you a lot'. She mentally chuckled, but the only thing she could do now was shut her eyes tight and accept her death. Astraea didn't feel any contact with the ground but a pair of strong arms. She opened her eyes only to see Lucas angrily looking down on her.

In a split second, the two of them were now at the tower where Lucas was staying. He put the girl down and snapped her finger as they were now all dry.

"What went to your pea-sized brain and went to the rooftop knowing it was storming outside?!" the warlock frustratedly yelled.

"You could have died back there!" The last thing she wants to do is anger Lucas. She bit her lips as her head hung low.

"I'm sorry... I-i got w-worried t-to". She stuttered as she tried her best to stop the threatening tears.

".. Q-quarter". Astraea breathed in.

"You're going to risk your life for a f****** squirrel?!" Lucas once again raised his voice, causing her to flinch. Seeing the albino one getting scared, he took a deep breath to calm himself and flicked his finger.

A squirrel fell down to Astraea hands, relief washed over her seeing the brown animal was all fine.

Lucas then pulled the girl to a couch and pushed her there not too harsh nor gently. He draped his coat on her shoulder before healing her.

"Let's go, I'm sending you to your room now". He coldly said, Astraea bit her lips and reached for the hem of his shirt.

"I'm so sorry, Lucas. Please don't send me back."

"I-".

"I don't have any excuses for what I did". Lucas pinch the bridge of his nose before flicking her forehead.

"Next time you need something just call my name". Astraea's expression lit up as she looked up at the male. Lucas' anger seems to fade now.

"Thank you for saving, Lucas". She smiled.

"And Quarrel". The warlock scoffed and rolled his eyes before slumping down the couch beside the albino haired Princess. Astraea used that opportunity to place her head on his shoulder and shut her eyes while patting the squirrel's head.

"Don't do that again, do you understand?" Said Lucas as he rested his head on her. Astraea then stops patting the squirrel and lets the small animal wander inside Lucas's tower before attaching her hand on Lucas' large one.

"I promise."

'Your safeness is the only thing I want.'

It was still dark when Astraea found herself tucked in Lucas's bed while she was embraced by the strong arms of the said man. Her gaze softened and just let herself drown at the warm sensation given by the warlock. She moves closer to the man and snuzzles her face on his chest as she inhales his deep woody scent mixed with floral.

Lucas, who's been wide awake the whole time, chuckled and just pulled the latter closer to him and kissed the crown of her head. Both hearts flutter at the same time, wishing time would stop and let the two of them be with each other warm.

Luna witnesses the two hearts wanting to be together despite the fate that is already written.

Will they be able to change the rotation of fate? Will they be able to write their own fate?

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅