Tanjiro x demon reader

Hey guys, here I am, back at it again with posting at 1 in the morning. But I honestly don't care at this point. My sleep schedule is absolutely the biggest mess in my life right now. Anyways, this was requested by @ZenitsuStorm. Enjoy! (Can we all also agree that Tanjiro's smile is the cutest thing ever besides his sister?)

You looked at the back of the head of who looked to be a short likely teenage human girl standing in a clearing in the thick forest covered in a canopy of trees, only to see that she wasn't a human at all. You saw her slitted pupils and also saw how she looked very angry when she saw you, until you instinctively shielded her from another demon who wanted to eat her. She looked to be lost, and you, having a decent moral compass, decided to stay with her and keep her safe from harm. You were like her, uninterested in hurting humans. You smiled, patting her on the head as you looked her up and down for injuries from any other demons in the area. You hadn't eaten humans in your life as a demon, like her, so you knew to stay away from humans who had cuts or gashes, instead telling them to find some bandages for the cuts. You heard a voice behind you and redid the low ponytail your hair was in before turning around as the girl ran to the voice. The owner of the voice was a young boy with red hair and eyes. He was glaring at you as you faced him. He had his sword out and then charged at you, trying to cut your head off. You ducked and dodged, running away scared of him. You then saw him run at you and grab your shoulder, pulling you away from your almost certain death. The sun was out by now, so that meant that you could die if you went into it. However, you were saved by your pursuer. "Are you the one who saved Nezuko from that other demon back there?" he asked, his voice cautious, but slightly relieved. You nodded your head yes and smiled, showing your fangs. "But, you're a demon, why did you save her?" he asked. "Because, Tamayo turned me into a demon, not Kibutsuji." you said, telling him what he needed to know. Seconds later, two other Demon Slayers came into the clearing you were in, confused. "Tanjiro, Inosuke keeps hitting me. And he won't stop!" the one with yellow hair said. You looked at the boy's earrings. "Oh, you're the hanafuda boy that Lady Tamayo mentioned being with her and Yushiro when she was in Tokyo! Well then, you best be careful. Muzan has not only the Kizuki, but also a lot of lower demons who work for him as well." you said. The boy turned to you, smiling. "Your haori has a hood, so can you travel in the sun?" he asked. You said yes, smiling at the boy as he nodded to his friends before he introduced you to them.

A few weeks later, you were walking around at night with Tanjiro and led him to the koi pond. You were both at the Butterfly estate, but Shinobu had accepted you as well as she had Nezuko. Your face heated up in a blush as you thought back to when you first met him. You then decided to finally tell him how you felt. "Tanjiro, you said you were friends with me, right?" you asked. He nodded his head yes and then watched as you looked down at his hands, taking one of them into yours. You traced over his scars and gave him goosebumps with the feeling of your cold flesh against his. You lifted it up to your face and gently hissed his hand, causing his face to turn crimson as he watched your eyes flick up to his. "You're the only person other than the humans who knew me when I was human that's ever been nice to me. That being said, you don't have to say no, and quite frankly I wouldn't blame you if you did. But would you ever be interested in a date, or something like that? I've liked you for a long time, and you don't have to say yes, it's only an offer." you asked, causing his face to somehow turn redder than it already was. Being cautious of your instincts, he leaned in and gently kissed your cheek, causing your skin to turn red all the way down to your chest. No one had ever kissed you, so you were slightly shocked, but it only took a few seconds for you to recover and pull him in before slamming your lips against his. When you pulled away, you saw that his face and the tips of his ears were red. You smiled and then hugged him tightly, resting your head against his shoulder. "Thank you for being so kind to me." you whispered, causing him to wrap his arms around you before sitting there with you for a bit, looking up at the moon as you dozed lightly before carrying you to your room to let you sleep. He then went to his room and went to sleep as well.