Hotaru Haganezuka x wife reader

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well. This was a request from @viggyvoo2020. Anyways, enjoy!

You smiled at the work that your husband, Hotaru, finished. You had told him to make a sword for Tanjiro one last time, and begged him to let you give it to him, given that as a Kinoe, you were required to report to the Hashira you were under, which was, luckily for you, Tengen Uzui. you were allowed to stay at his house and use a futon to sleep on when you did visit given that you lived in a sword making village, which was far away from the Hashira estates. You always thanked him and his wives when you did visit. This time, you wore the signature cat tengu mask you always wore. Urokodaki had made it for you when you had gotten married to your husband as a wedding present, and you had it ever since. You smiled softly after getting the sword ready to go. Tanjiro didn't know that Hotaru was married to you, so this would be funny to see. You asked to borrow Hotaru's mask, to which he said yes absentmindedly, then looked at you shocked before asking what you were doing. "I'm spooking him Hotaru, so that he gets the message that you're working very hard on his swords when he keeps breaking them, while I, your wife, have to put up with you never being home." you explained, causing him to chuckle before getting up and cupping your face in his hands. He then leaned in and kissed you on the lips, causing you to smile softly. You picked up the sword and strapped it to your back before telling your husband you would try to get back today before heading out the door in your uniform with your husband's mask and hat.

You used Total Concentration Breathing to run there and still have stamina before waving to the Kakushi at the door, explaining to them who you were and who the sword was for. They nodded and let you in before you saw the boy you were looking for. When he saw you, he became confused and then afraid when he saw the mask, and started to sprint away. You took off after him, running at full speed at him. Once you caught up to him, he was begging Shinobu to hide him. Instead, she grabbed his shoulders and forced him to turn to face you. You then took off the mask and burst out laughing. "My goodness, is Hotaru that scary to you?" you asked, struggling to catch your breath. "You- You should see your face right now. It's priceless!" you said, collapsing into a fit of laughter. The boy then sighed in relief and then looked at you. "How do you know my swordsmith if I may ask and how did you get his mask?" he asked. "He's my husband." you explained, causing him to drop to his knees and beg you to tell your husband he's sorry for breaking the sword he made. You smiled softly and ruffled his hair, noticing how he calmed down slightly. "Here, how about you rest a little, you look very tired from running." you advised, causing him to shake his head no. "I have to keep training so that I can get stronger. Sorry, but it's true." he said upon seeing your slightly worried expression. "Trust me kid, as a Kinoe, I've learned a thing or two about not getting rest." you said, causing his eyes to light up in awe. "As a fellow Demon Slayer, I worry for the wellbeing of the new people to this profession. So please, rest for a minute. You didn't even use Total Concentration Breathing Constant when you ran off, so your body needs to recharge for a minute and you need to regain the stamina you lost." you said, causing him to nod as two people stumbled out the door and ran to him. "I think you should help those two sort things out first though." you said, waving goodbye to him and then using Total Concentration Breathing to run as fast as you could to get home.

Once you got back to your home, you saw that your husband was making dinner, having finished with his work for the day. "Hotaru, why do you go after that boy, Tanjiro?" you asked, looking at him as you finished changing into your yukata. You then looked at your husband and then watched as his eyes flicked up to you. "Because, I spend hours in that forge, only leaving at night time, and he breaks my hard work, which I have to then fix. So that's why I do that to him." he said, finishing with getting the sushi rolled and cut. You watched as he plated the food carefully and then put it on the table for you to eat. You smiled softly and went up behind your husband, wrapping your arms around his waist and standing on your tiptoes to rest your head on his shoulder. He turned around and hugged you back, burying his face in your hair as he breathed in your scent. "I love you, you know that don't you?" he said, looking down at you. You hummed contentedly as he gently tilted your chin up to where you were facing him. "I know," you mumbled, causing him to smile before gently leaning in and kissing you for the second time that day. You rested your forehead against his before seeing a scar on his arm. "Where'd you get this from?" you asked, tracing over it. He chuckled. "Most if not all of these are from either making swords when I started making them or when I was fighting demons with said swords that I used to get from other swordsmiths." he said. You then leaned against him, causing him to smile. "Now then," he said, interrupting you from doing anything else. "Dinner is served, let's eat, shall we?" he asked.