Kokushibo x reader fluff

Hey guys, this was a request from @K4230370. WARNING: Spoilers ahead for those who have not read the Demon Slayer Manga and know who Kokushibo is or his backstory. Hope you guys enjoy!

You tossed and turned in bed, tired but unable to sleep. You were a demon, but you stayed in the Infinity Fortress with the Upper Moons and Muzan. You were considered by Muzan to be stronger than Lower Moon One, and you liked that a lot, considering that that meant you got to stay here. You often stayed with your husband, Kokushibo, who you had been married to since before he had been turned alongside you. You remembered meeting his brother at one time in the distant past, his name was Yoriichi, but you paid minute detail to his name. You, like Nezuko, did not consume human flesh, and instead slept often. However, tonight was one of those nights you just couldn't sleep. You stayed in your own room, since your husband trained long into the night to use his blood demon art. However, he would probably be your best bet to getting back to sleep. If you went to Douma, you had no doubt that he would insist on an eccentric game of tag, which usually entailed you chasing him or Muzan chasing both of you because Upper Two was not afraid to steal his hairpins and his kimonos. You finally got up, adjusting your yukata to look somewhat decent, before walking over to Kokushibo's room.

Upper Moon One trained until dawn after getting food, before sleeping for most of the day and then repeating the same routine all over again the next day, but he would gladly change that routine if it meant that he got to spend more time with you. After all, you could have married Yoriichi and died of old age, a happy existence, instead of spending eternity with someone like him. But no, your gentle touch, the flowery scent of spring roses you gave off, your loving smile, your beautiful (E/C) eyes, and the elegant face you had were all his to cherish, and he loved that so much. He would give up the world just to see you smile. When he heard the shoji door slide open, he tensed up, ready to fight, before feeling you wrap your arms around his waist and bury your face in his back. "Shibo, could you please come to bed?" you mumbled, causing him to turn to look at you. There were slight dark circles under your eyes, and your pupils were slits from the lantern light. He sighed heavily before speaking, his eyes trained on your face to make sure you were alright. "Nightmare?" he asked, causing you to shake your head. "Tired but can't sleep?" he proposed, causing you to nod before leaning against him. It had been happening more often lately that you had needed to go to sleep, but you were unable to for some reason. Kokushibo gently kissed your forehead before picking you up and closing the shoji door, walking over to your room and going inside before closing the door to that room. He set you down and got under the covers of the futon with you, pulling you close to him. He spoke softly, his voice soothing you to sleep. "You should have gotten me sooner than this." he said, causing you to shake your head as you looked up at him. "No, I didn't want to interrupt your training." you muttered, causing his gaze to snap down to you as he cupped your face in his hands, forcing you to look up at him. His golden eyes looked down at you, wide with...was that fear? Perhaps worry was a better word for it. "Never think for a second that my training matters more to me than you, ok? I'd rather die than see you suffer in silence like this. I mean it, tell me next time." he tucked your head into the crook of his neck, holding you close by your waist as you closed your eyes and relaxed. "If you need someone to be there for you, then just know that that's what I'm here for." he said softly. You smiled as you drifted off to sleep, comforted by your husband's presence as you drifted off into a dreamless sleep.