Mitsuri x reader fluffy angst

Hey guys, sorry for not posting on here for so long. I've been doing a lot of stuff lately and also have had writers block, which is the worst. This was a request from @JamaicaDane2. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

You stared at Tengen in wide eyed shock. "Ignore... Mitsuri? My girlfriend, the Love Pillar, the sweetest person in my entire life? That Mitsuri?" you asked, hoping you heard him wrong. He nodded his head yes, smirking at you. "Fine, but you owe me dinner after tomorrow, since I have to ignore my dear Kanroji for the entire day tomorrow." you said, causing him to chuckle. "Of course. You can even choose where we will go to eat tomorrow night." the Sound Pillar replied, causing you to sigh and then nod reluctantly as he cheered. You then told him you had to go and left, looking for the Love Pillar so that you could spend a lot of time with her today. You then saw your Kasugai Crow, Lychee, land on your shoulder. She cawed at you to go to the restaurant near the Love Estate, smiling when you realized that Mitsuri was inviting you to spend time with her eating lunch. You smiled softly before taking off and then finally getting to the place where she told you to go. You saw the Love Pillar sitting with Iguro and also Kyojuro. She was facing away from you, so Rengoku pointed you out to her, causing her eyes to light up as she got up and ran to you. "Hey Mochi." you said, hugging her tightly. You had given her the nickname after her favorite food, Sakura Mochi. She then led you over to the table and then sat next to you, giving you some of her udon that she had ordered. "I saved some for you. Hope you don't mind." she said, causing you to shake your head. "Of course I don't mind. Thanks for saving me some." you said, causing a light blush to color her cheeks. Rengoku and Obanai smiled at their friend, glad that she had someone who liked the same things she did. The Snake Pillar looked at his friend and sighed. "So, Mitsuri, (Y/N), we both have something to tell you." they said, causing you both to look at them curiously. They looked worried. "We both have to go together on a mission to help defeat some demons that have been very troubling for the lower rank Demon Slayers to defeat. It should take a day tops, including travel, but we wanted you to know in advance." Obanai said, causing you to nod softly before watching as your girlfriend got up and then hugged the two guys, causing you to give in and join her in hugging the two pillars. She shed a few tears, worried about the two of them, but was reassured by Kyojuro putting a hand on her shoulder. "Take care of yourself, Kanroji." he turned to you and smiled. "You as well (L/N). Take care of her while we're gone, and after the mission, we can all go out for dangoes together." he said, causing you to nod, knowing what you were going to have to do later. After all of you finished, you paid the bill and then went your respective ways. You went with Mitsuri, then turned around to the other two Pillars and grabbed their collars. It was late by now, and you smiled at them. "We forgot to go get dessert you two, let's go get some mochi." you advised, causing your girlfriend to smile softly. You had always had such a big heart, ever since the two of you had first met. You had saved her from a cliff overlooking a field of stalagmites. She was already in derelict condition when you found her, having already been falling from trees and such all morning. Of course, you helped her out, having been a fellow Demon Slayer at the time, but you were a Kinoto rank, meaning that you were able to fight almost as well as a Pillar. She thanked you and was then about to leave when your crow told the two of you that you had a shared mission. After many months of knowing the Love Pillar, you finally confessed to her and told her how you felt. And that led you to where you were now, waiting for your girlfriend to finish the mochi she was eating. The dare Uzui gave you was on your mind all night after that, causing you to finally make peace with the idea of what you would have to do in the morning and then go to sleep.

You woke up early and saw that Mitsuri was making breakfast before she went to training. When you didn't hug her, she looked slightly worried when she stared at you. She then sighed when she saw how tired you were. No wonder you didn't say anything, perhaps you wanted to protect her feelings. She finished making the rice and eggs and set the food out in front of you, smiling as she placed a soft kiss on your cheek. She had on the floral apron you had given her as a present for her birthday. She took it off and then got ready for the day, telling you she would be back during lunch to eat with you. You sighed softly after she closed the sliding shoji door and then went off to train with Shinobu for the time being. You finished your meal and then cleaned up the dishes before you went back to getting ready and leaving to train with Uzui.

Later in the day, you saw Mitsuri coming up to you, and cast a pleading look at your friend before he got the memo and then stepped in front of you, blocking you from her view. She frowned, but then smiled calmly as she walked up and immediately side stepped Tengen before she cupped your face in her hands and kissed you. "I missed you during training. Come on, there's a great restaurant I just found with Koucho earlier and it looks so good. They also have Sakura Mochi too." she cheered, then looking at Uzui, she spoke. "Oh, Tengen, would you like to join us as well, and maybe even bring your wives too?" she asked, causing him to shake his head no. He was enjoying this too much, and you knew he was. You were dragged behind your girlfriend as she led you to the place to eat. She had always eaten a lot, but so did you. You both loved food, and expressed gratitude using food and other gifts from the heart. She led you inside and you saw Shinobu and Muichiro as well. They both smiled at you, happy that you were in good health. Muichiro spent time around Mitsuri because she was always around you, and he wanted to be sure that you were treating his friend right. After a while of sitting and chatting, Mitsuri addressed you in front of the other two. "Hey, (Y/N), could you please pass me the rice if you don't mind?" she asked, causing you to look Shinobu dead in the eyes, begging silently for help. Her own eyes widened in understanding as Mitsuri and Tokito looked at the two of you confused. After a while, Shinobu slid the rice to your girlfriend, giving you a tender smile. After a while of eating without any words, you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. The other three nodded and then looked at each other until you were gone. "Mitsuri, does (Y/N) ignore you like that a lot of the time?" Muichiro asked, causing Shinobu to snicker. "What's so funny?" he asked, looking at the Bug Pillar. She shook her head softly and resumed eating. This left your girlfriend both confused and hurt, and also made the Mist Pillar furious.

Later, you were both walking home when Mitsuri spoke. "Oh, (Y/N), look at the sunset, it's so pretty." she said, looking over at you. You looked to the side, and away from your girlfriend. This hurt her so much, she nearly cried, but not yet, she would cry to you about this later, when no one would question these things. After the two of you got through the door, Mitsuri watched you go to the bedroom and get dressed in your yukata as you took off your lipstick and the rest of your makeup. She watched you with tears in her eyes, unable to let herself look weak just yet. It was when you got under the covers that she fell to her knees and started crying. You couldn't ignore her when she was like that, and as quickly as she could blink, you had her in your arms. "Mochi, breathe for me, ok. Think of everything you love about your life. Think of all of the foods you love, all the mochi you love to eat, the food we ate earlier, and how delicious it was. Come on Mochi, please stop crying." you said, holding her tightly. She shook with sobs, but calmed down after she saw that you were looking not at the window, or the futon, or anywhere else but her. Her green eyes widened as she buried her face into your chest and sighed, looking up at you. "Please, never do that again. I don't want you to ignore me like that ever again. Promise me that you won't." she said, her green eyes filled with tears. You wiped them away with your thumbs before cupping her face in your hands. She had dewey eyes now, which were mesmerising to you beyond anything else. She stared up at you as you leaned in and kissed her, tears of your own rolling down your cheeks as you poured your love for her into that kiss. You then pulled away and looked at her. "I'm sorry Mochi, please forgive me for being so mean." you said, causing her to nod her head yes before the two of you heard a knock at the door. You then heard a familiar booming and enthusiastic voice from a certain Flame Pillar. You opened the shoji and smiled when you were met with the sight of a tired Rengoku and an even more tired Obanai. You gladly welcomed them in when you saw what they had with them. They had dangoes and sweets galore. You called Mitsuri into the livingroom and then sat with your friends, talking with them and your girlfriend for the rest of the night.