Part 3

Wilbur POV

I screamed in pain as the man with the white bandanna carved the symbol into my arm. He and the Smiley mask man had come down the stairs from Tommy's room and killed my two best friends (who will remain nameless because I feel like it :| ). I fell to the ground, clutching my arm and writhing in agony, as the men ran back up the stairs.

The symbol they'd left on my arm burned into my skin, more than that of a regular knife would, it had been a Shadow blade for sure. Shadow blades cursed the individual afflicted with their symbol with a sort of half state forever between the living and the dead. The inability to rest, I would look normal during the day, but at night I would become translucent a ghost.

There was no known reversal spell, but I knew I had to keep the wound fresh and bleeding otherwise I had no chance of ever having a chance of reversing its effects. The risk of doing such a thing however was that I might bleed out, though that would be much more merciful than my fate by letting it dry.

I had to find Phil, he'd know what to do.

Tommy POV

I rubbed my eyes, and slowly opened them to an unfamiliar room. I began furiously wracking my brain as I sat up in the soft bed, then the memories came back. Wilbur, the closet, crying, being saved by Dream and his friends, escaping and the mushroom house, that's where I was. I sighed in relief, and slipped off the bed, going to the door and peaking through a small crack. I didn't see anyone, so I tried the door and found that it was locked, just like home. Why did everyone lock me up? Did I do something?

 I sat on the ground looking around at the room in earnest. There was the bed, it's sheets were red and with white dots, a small table and a window. It was dark outside, maybe they were sleeping? I stood up and grabbed a blanket, pulling it off the bed. I tucked it around me as I laid next to the door hoping someone would come and get me soon.

Dream POV

I awoke, feeling the sun through my mask. It had been a long day yesterday, my body ached in accordance as I moved. Tommy, where was Tommy? George had said he was sleeping in the guest room that had hardly ever been used. They'd locked the door last night so he wouldn't be wandering around alone at night, but what if he'd woken up? I hadn't meant for him to find out we'd locked him in, it was just for his safety.

 I got up and walked to the adjacent room, unlocking it and slowly opening it until it was stopped by a weight in front of it. I looked around the door and saw it was Tommy, he looked so small, so peaceful. My heart dropped, the poor kid had probably been so scared. I squeezed through the door, and bent down to lift him up. He groaned slightly in his sleep, and opened his eyes slightly, "Hey Dream, when do we start training?"

——————————-

It had been maybe about 4 years now since Tommy had been brought home by Dream, Sapnap and George. Tommy had always been very enthusiastic about his training, insisting that they always spent at least a few hours a day training. They'd taught him how to fight, brew potions and most importantly how to steal. Tommy was very promising and soon Dream would bring him to the Shadow King to complete his training. They'd all gone through it when they were his age, but he seemed young for twelve.

——————————-

Dream POV

Today, today was the day we'd bring Tommy before their king to test and train him for the next four years. We'd waited four years for this opportunity, we'd all gone through the same training, and so must Tommy. He'd do well, he had been trained by me of course. However I couldn't help the feeling of trepidation as I spoke with Sapnap.

"Today's the day," I said in a low voice, though I knew it didn't matter if anyone else heard, they'd find out sooner or later.

"Really? Already? He seems so young, I mean I know we went when we were twelve but still," he replied.

"He's ready Sap, I'm sure of it," I said, masking my own worry. I walked over to Tommy who was eating breakfast. "Tommy,-," I began before I was cut off.

"I heard your conversation big man, I'm ready to see the shadow king," there was a tone of excitement in his voice. I met his icy blue eyes and sighed in exasperation, I couldn't keep any secrets from this kid, could I.

"Alright then, go pack your stuff, daggers and all that, you'll need them," I said, hiding my sadness with urgency in my voice.

Tommy POV

I ran to my room and began shoving as much of my stuff as possible into a large bag that Dream had given me. It was tight but I could fit all my stuff, except my stuffed cow Henry, I set him on my bed.

"Take care of this place while I'm gone, alright Big Man?" I said. No response, but Big Man Henry was a man of few words, or cow of few words? It didn't matter, I had finished packing and was ready to go. I dragged my bag out of my relatively small room, coming back in to give it a final goodbye, remembering the first night I had stayed here. I remembered how my door had been locked the first night and how for months after I had to sleep with the door open before I could close it again. I would miss it here but I wanted to advance my training more.

 Stepping out, I closed the door, half-picking up my heavy bag and dragging it into the living room.

"I'm ready," I said with determination, looking at Dream.

Ahahahhhahahha two in one day! I'm going to sleep now goodnight!