Chapter 20: The Note

Zelda walked through the castle and walked all the way back to her study. Zelda opened her door and sat down in her chair. She placed the note and present on her desk, she stared at the note for a while till she grabbed it and open it. She started to read the note.

Dear, Princess Zelda

If you are reading this letter then I have parted ways I am sorry. But if I can only help myself and think that I am the only one that can save you. I will lose my friendship with my other friends. I have left and I will not come back this is mine chose to try and find me I will not- come back even if you pull me all the way back I will run again. I have broken my oath to myself not to talk, it was out of respect that I did this, and know I have none for you I am sorry. I hope for the best things for you princess.

From; Link

P.S I hope the gift will help you.

Zelda grabbed the gift with tears in her eyes and looked at it for a moment. She held the note that knew was a little wet from her tears. She slowly opened the gift and placed it on her desk. Zelda was surprised as she looked down and saw one of the things she had wanted a long time ago.

"Thank you, Link." She said as she grabbed the sheath and pulled out a sword.

She looked at the sword that she held in her hand. The Royal Broadsword this weapon was only given to the great's warriors in the Hyrule Army. Zelda twirled it around a little then put it back into its sheath. She buckled the belt onto her side and the sword attached to her she held it strong and proud. Zelda sat down on the floor and started to cry.

"I am sorry Link I truly am." Said Zelda then she got off of the floor and wiped her tears out of her eye's and walked out her door.

Zelda walked down to the Royal Hall and opened the big doors. She walked over to the map and stared at it. She grabbed the quill and put a large X over the whole map. Zelda was going to find Link on her own no one was going to come with her. Zelda walked out the door and headed over to the long sets of stairs to head to the lad of Hyrule when.

"Princess Zelda you must stay inside of the castle." Said a guard as three more came over and blocked her way to the stairs.

"What? I wish to grab my horse and leave please let me pass." Said Zelda as she moved her hand slowly to her sword.

"We have our orders to make sure you do not leave, so please come quietly." Said the guard as all of them grabbed their swords.

"Whose orders?" Asked Zelda as she grabbed the handle of her sword.

"Prince Astor from the Lost Tribe." Said the Guard as they all moved closer to Zelda.

"There is no Prince Astor and there is no Lost Tribe. Please stand asi