Chapter: 22 Death Over Hate

Link ran forward and slashed at the guards that headed towards him Link kept on pushing threw the few guards that Astor sent to kill him and kept on moving. Link eventually got to the door that will open to the throne room. Link kicked the door open and walked into the room. Most of the walls were covered in Malice and had soldiers' armor stuck in them.

"Well at last the champion Link it seems we have finally met." Said Astor as he got out of his throne chair and walked over to Link. "But today I think you might listen to me." He said as he put out his hand and had Zelda be pulled into the room.

"Zelda." Said Link under his breath.

"So you either put down your sword or I kill her." Said Astor as he lifted his hand and started to choke Zelda to death.

"Stop!" Yelled out Link as he put his sword on the ground.

Astor dropped the princess and looked at Link. He was displeased with him Link had never talked for quite a long time and now chose to speak.

"You should know that I don't need a weapon to kill you, Astor." Said Link as he put up his fist.

"Oh, you don't then well I guess Zelda should die." Said Astor as he lifted her by the neck and held her high up in the air. "Fight me and she will die."

Link looked at Zelda and in her eye, he could see that she was ready. Link put down his fist even though he knew that it might not matter.

"What great honor Zelda gave you but what happens when the honor is gone and there is no one to run this castle." Said Astor as Link heard a CRACK and watched as Zelda's body hit the ground.

"NO!!!" Yelled out Link as he kicked his sword back into his hands and charged Astor.

Astor stood where he was and summoned a small short sword to fight Link with. He blocked Link's attacks and had no problem guessing the next one. This fight was easy for Astor but hard for Link losing Zelda and then having to fight someone right away is not what should have happened.

"This is where it ends the princess of Hyrule dies and at her side is the dead champion." Said Astor as he lunged Link off of his sword.

"I will not just die I will be remembered as a hero first a hero from the dark." Said Link as he tripped Astor having him fall onto his back and Link cut him in the chest.

"AH!!" Yelled out Astor as he kicked Link and quickly got up. "You will pay for this I promise you that. You will pay." Said Astor as he disappeared.

Link quickly ran over to Zelda with no heartbeat not even one last breath all was lost. Link laid next to her and started to cry. Through the doors came the guards all of them came in worried this time instead of in attacking formation. Link still put his hand on his sword to make sure if they attack he was ready.

"Princess Zelda!" Yelled out one of the guards as he ran over to her.

"Astor did this he killed her I will find him and end him." Said Link as he got up.

"No, you will stay here the princess told me to give this to you after your fight with Astor. So here you go." Said the guard as he gave him a rolled-up piece of paper.

"Thank you." Said Link as he opened the piece of paper.

Dear, Link

I got your other letter and thank you for it. I just wanted to give you something to remember me by. If I have given this letter to you or someone else had that means I am gone sorry Link. But in here I give you the oath of the King of Hyrule and this is what you are to be there is no declining this offer of respect.

Love, Zelda

"Is everything alright sur?" Asked the guard.

"Yes, I guess I know the King of Hyrule. Zelda gave me this responsibility and I have to take it the last order of the princess." Said Link as he looked back down at Zelda. "Have her put in a coffin and have a ceremony. I will be there just give me some time."