🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅂🄸🅇

💜Karl's POV💜

There I was, sitting on the cold tile. I don't know for how long, but I definitely didn't make it to class. I could feel a stabbing pain from my head. Ugh, this headache is a piece of honk. My ears rang when I woke up, but that's gone now. I sat up and placed my hands on the ground next to me. Though instead of ground, I felt liquid. Not any liquid, yeah no, that's blood. Probably my own. I search the small bathroom for my belongings, most of were soaked in another liquid that I couldn't identify. I gather everything and try to search for my phone. Great, those jock goons stole my phone. What now? I stand by the sink with my backpack on, learned that lesson.

I look at myself in the mirror. Bruises covered my arms and probably my torso. My mouth had a small amount of dry blood that had formed at the corner. My hair was sticking up and some of it was attached to my head. I throw some water on my face, which was unlikely to be sanitary, and just start to walk out of the bathroom. I walk out into the hallway. It was not busy but the damned headache made it loud. I searched the hall for the stupid football players but, they seemed to have fled the area. The next person I searched for was George. He would know the time and what I could do about my phone.

After about five minutes of loitering the halls, I could see his bright blue bag from the small crowd that had filled this hall. I walk up to him and tap his shoulder. "G-George?" I ask him. He turns around and shoots me a What the hell have you been doing?! look. "Karl! Oh my goodness! I've been looking for you. Where were you? Mr. Rigers said you weren't at second period or anything!" George yelled causing me to flinch at the pain it caused. "Oh, sorry. I was busy with the, uhm, front desk. And can you quiet down, my head is killing me." I lied to him. It obviously didn't feel good lying to him, but it had to be done. "Oh, why didn't you respond to my texts?" He asked in a small whisper. He texted me? Well, time to tell him about my phone. I shrugged, "I lost it. Maybe got stolen. I left my bag somewhere in the open before I went to the front." I told him, half truth, hald lie. He sighed loudly and over exaggeratedly. "Well, let's go up front and report your phone. Then they'll find it and all will be good." He said already walking towards the stairs. I just followed behind him.

After reporting my phone we had already used most of our lunch period. "Er, see you later George. I don't want to be late for class." I told him with a small wave. He waved back and we parted ways. I made my way to the second floor for third period. I realized this was trigonometry. The only class I had with Nick. Ugh, just thinking about him made me irritated. He could've stopped those idiots from beating the living hell out of me.

I walk in the classroom and it's completely empty except for the teacher. "Good afternoon Karl!" The teacher spoke softly. I just shot her a smile and took my seat  This time instead of the front, I sat in the far back. I placed my bag next to the wall and looked out the window. The school's front yard was full of trees and flowers that had been planted by the gardening club. Maybe, I should join a club. The bell rang and students filed in. Nick walked in and all I could do was watch him. He walked closer and closer to me. Eventually he sat right next to me. Why? "Uh, Karl, sorry about Sean and Josh, they can get out if hand. H-Here's your phone. Sorry about the-" I cut him off by scoffing and just grabbed my phone. Though, now the screen, that was once perfect, was cracked terribly. I look at Nick and he had a large frown on his face. "It still works, I swear! But, Josh just took it to far and I'm so-" I cut him off again. I can't stand to hear his voice. "Look, don't talk to me  Thanks for my phone and all. But, you are just as bad. We aren't friends. We are two students who happen to do trigonometry together once a week. Okay?" I say to him. I regret it. I just went off on the one boy who was close to being my friend. The one boy who actually came and played video games with me. The one boy I liked. "Oh, okay. Talk to you on Friday then." Nick said with a slight chuckle. Why is his laugh cute to me? I just groan loudly and try to focus on class.

By the end of the day I am exhausted. I start to walk for the bus, but of course, I'm stopped. "Hey Karl, I know you don't want to talk but at least let me take you home. I drove myself, so you won't have yo deal with my mom. Only if you want." Nick offered to me. I just shrugged and followed after him as his jumped and smiled.

We sat in his car listening to music. The car looked similar to his mother's car, but Nick's is a light grey colour. The inside was quite clean and only slightly smelled of sweat. Nick tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and hummed to the music. "Uh Karl, I'm sorry about Josh, really I am, he's a dick. I know you don't want to talk, but I promise I'm not like him. He goes through such shit at home that I feel bad  Almost like it influences his behavior. I am sorry, okay?" Nick apologizes. I wasn't looking for his apology. I wanted to be home.

Author's Note - I am on trip. Yes yes out of state trip! N e waysssssssss! FUCK JOSH. Love ya George n Karl. Eh Nick!!!! yes but uhhhh not alot to say. but i hope that i write much. Love you, stay hydrated!
-elyxrss :]