𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

As Flynn is hyping up the crowd with her dj skills Julie and I were checking out the gear backstage

"Are the guys here?" I hear Flynn ask Julie,though J was tyrimg to reassure both of us I had a bad feeling brewing in my gut. Something just didnt feel right...at all.

"Wow look at you!" A deep voice pulled me out of my thoughts,turning around I see Dylan standing there in black jeans and white shirt. Hmph he does look okay...i guess.

"not looking bad Dyl,you look good" I say smiling genuinely,this makes him smirk cockily. "Don't let it get to your head okay? it was a compliment don't make me regret it" I snap back making smirk turn into a bright smile all while trying to hold in his laughter.

"I'm sorry Riv don't worry it won't get to my head its already big enough eh?" he jokes making me let out a small laugh "but you look beautiful tonight....seriously" he paused near the end staring into my deep brown eyes,me almost drowning in his light greeny-blue ones.

Our eye contact was sadly cut off by Flynn interrupting us,her eyebrows raised suggestively towards me while her lighter brown eye flick between Dylan and I.

"Umm sorry to interrupt what ever that was but Jules is kinda freaking out" Flynn points behind her to a pacing Julie. After saying excuse me and a quick goodbye to Dylan I rush to my cousins side.

"Hey J what's wrong?" I ask grabbing her shoulders lightly to stop the pacing. She sighs loudly making me worry for her, "J come on...you can talk to me" sadly Julie and I had clearly drifted,anyone could see it.

"Eh its just looking out there...the crowd ya know...its making me just a teeny bit nervous about performing" J chews the inside of her cheek whilst looking at the crowd of our peers dancing around wildly. Even the sight makes me wheezy,my stage fright being much worse than Julies.

"I'm so bloody nervous ya know but honestly I'd regret it if I didn't perform tonight and I know you would too" I say smiling at her "Julie you'll be outstanding,unreal if you would prefer" making a joke to try and ease the tension growing around us.

Suddenly J pulls me into a tight hug,"I really love and appreciate you River even if I don't say it enough"

"Don't be getting all soppy on me now" I say pulling away from her warm embrace. She rolls her eyes before heading towards the stairs that lead to the dance floor.

"Hey J!" Julies turns back to look at me. "I love you too....i love ya alot actually" J smiles before shouthing back an I knew it making me laugh at our usual interactions. Tonight will be difficult and I can admit to that but for now I may as well use the good music to my advantage.

Soon enough I join J on the dancefloor not caring about who's watching.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵