𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Tapping my pen against my song book while I was writing lyrics was the only noise in my room, that was until the door flung open.

"Oh hey J-" My good mood changed once i seen the three figures behind Julie.

"Nope" i say while rolling my eyes.

"River please we are so,so,so sorry" Reggie says sitting at the end of my bed, Alex now standing to my left and Luke on my right.

"You're the best thing to happen to us since we became ghosts please just hear us out" I nod my head at Alex lighting but don't look up from my writing book.

"In the hopes that you'd rejoin the band...we booked a new gig" Luke says handing me a flyer.

"Check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands" he rushes out "All we gotta do is blow them all away and we're living the dream!" He states excitedly.

"So this means alot to you,huh?" I question "Kind of how playing in front of our school meant alot to me" 

"Sounds like sarcasm" Reggie adds unknowingly before he gasps loudly. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working" He tries to whisper.

"Look, we know we messed up Riv" Alex states looking at Luke to continue.

"But we need you in the band" 

"No you don't need me...you want me to. With Julie people can still see you play, I've no real reason of being apart of it" I snap, its true though, they don't need me so I don't even know why they are still trying.

"Look I thought the music we were making was special." Pointing towards Luke aggressively "But you're too obsessed with your past to even care" I said looking between the other boys.

"I do care!" Luke snaps back with the same amount of aggression. "Our band has a real chance at greatness, I'm not gonna let that get away from us again." 

"Right...so why'd you bail on me to get back at Trevor?" using my own pronouns this time seeing as it was clear Julie had forgiven them. 

"I'll tell you why. Cause there's only one thing you care about, and that's yourself"

"Riv-" Julie starts.

"No Julie don't even- its clear to see where you stand" "I'm out" I say getting off my bed and storming down the stairs.

"Dude she didn't mean it" Alex started sensing his friend would be upset. 

Instead of answering Luke Patterson just poofed into thin air. Wanting to get away as fast as he could.

"Where's he going?" Julie asked.

"Remember what today is?" Alex asks Reggie.

"What's today?" she asked still oblivious.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵