𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

By now I was sweating from dancing,Jo had joined me for most of our dancing session which we didn't even care about who was watching.The joy I felt was insane just dancing around with Jonah took away alot of the stress I was feeling regarding the performance.

Flynn tells the crowd that she's behind schedule and introduces the band as Julie and the Phantoms....myself being included as a phantom. Personally I like being included as phantom just proves that most my life I've felt invisible. 

"Julie and the Phantoms?"  Julie questions Flynn as we walk towards her booth.

"Yeah River was the main influence,when she was arguing with Reggie and called him a Phantom and BAM the name just came to me" Flynn said flipping her hair over her shoulder. "I hope its okay that your name isn't apart of it Riv? we could totally change it" Flynn says quite frantically which makes me smile lightly.

"No trust me i would rather be included as a phantom" before Flynn could continue I cut her off again "Flynn seriously Julie and the Phantoms has a sick ring to it" 

While Julie and Flynn continued talking/freaking out I let my mind travel,as my eyes wandered around the room they fell on Dylan who for the first time looked peaceful and seemed to be actually enjoying himself. It was like the movies,when his eyes met mine... it was almost slow motion he continued dancing with one of Carries minions while staring into my soul. Embarrassed I wanted to look away but i couldn't it was too of a perfect moment to look away.

Even just staring into his eyes from a distance made me feel something i shouldn't feel,everything just all of a sudden just became confusing. After what felt like hours of long,intense eye contact i finally looked away deciding it was time to pay attention to Julie and Flynn.

As im finally brought back to reality Julie wacks my arm with wide eyes.

"Nick! look Riv it's Nick!" wow very stuble Julie.

"how briliant"  I say making sure it sounded sarcastic,enjoying the wince that was clear on Nicks face.

"Thanks for the introduction" He says with the usual Nick charm,i had to try very hard to not roll my eyes.

"so you made it" Julie says stating the very much obvious,of course she couldn't help falling for Nick i mean he is gorgeous but the personality doesn't come with that at all.

"wouldn't miss it,truth is i can't wait to see you play again. And Riv-Mar.....River i can't wait to see you perform im so excited and proud of you" Of course he is,cue traditional River Molina eye roll. 

"Yeah well im excited to play" After Julie makes quite the awkward joke she takes that as her leave despite my visual uncomfortableness.

"Umm i like your top....very different" Nick says trying to ease the awkwardness.

"Thanks..." the silence filled around us again and while i was mentally hoping for a savouir someone clears their throat from behind Nick.

"Well that silence was unbearable even from back here" Dylan jokes making Nick scoff loudly not even hiding his dislike for the fawn haired boy. With the scoff Dylan had a smirk plastered on his face while his eyebrows rose.

"Awh don't act so delighted to see me Nicky boy" Dylan said sarcastically trying to act unbothered though i doubt he would let someone like Nick get to him. "i just came to see River no need to go all alpha possessive mode" I tried to hide my laugh with a cough not wanting to piss nick off more.

"I can't tell if the crowd is getting restless or bored" an annoying high pitched voice interrupted,Carrie walking up wrapping her arm through Nicks, giving a disapproving glance towards Dyl.

"Never a good sign" she adds turning to her head to the side while smiling fakely at me.

"Oh hey River! Is that a new bag?" If she wants to play the nice game i guess that's what we'll play.

"Actually its my hologram projector" I lift up the hologram projector  "Just did a little upgrade" I make sure that my voice is as fake as possible even throwing out bright smiles.

"How simple....you know i was expected something more sophisticated" Gritting through her teeth i could tell my fakeness was getting to he. Carrie wanted a reaction and usally i would give her one but not tonight...tonight was my night.

"Oh yes Caroline because there's something so simple about a hologram band" Dylan sasses, i silently thank him for sticking up for me,though i didn't need it.

"It's Carrie" She says harshly before turning her back to me and faces Dylan "who are you again?" she questions.

"I'm Dyl-" 

"Actually nevermind I don't care at all" the she devil cuts Dylan off and turns to face me again. Dylan laughs loudly and the anger was clear on Carries face though she was trying to keep calm.

"You know Carrie it's whats on the inside that counts" I shift the hologram projector in my hands throwing her s massive dig.

She laughs obnoxiously "Yeah that's what alot of people tell themselves" The whole time Nick just stood there like a lost puppy and was shuffling around.

"Come on Nick" Carrie instructs and obviously Nick obliges following quickly after her.

I turn my back to Dylan and pull out my phone. The time read 9.15 they were late....i mean of course they were. 

"So she's a little fire cracker ain't she" Dylan jokes though im not in the mood for abit of fun so instead i just hum along.

"Hey don't let her get to you. She's a joke honestly,i don't even know what Nick sees in her" Dylan places his hand on my shouder which i quickly brush it off.

"Well clearly he sees alot in her" I snap out harshly "Is there a reason you came back here?" I question creating distance between us....we stood close too close.

"Relax i just came to wish you luck but clearly you don't want it" Dylan snaps back at me.

Our issue was that sure we get along but we both have a temper,we're both snappy and when one gets snappy so does the other. So watching Dylan run his hands through his dampish hair before storming off made me feel guilty. I didnt mean to snap but evyrthing is piling up, with the boys being late and Carrie annoying the hell out of me this night honestly couldn't get any worse.

"Damn what was his issue?

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

a/n- ive started using my laptop hense why the fonts are normal,i hope that's okay. give me feedback or anything you would like to see happen or even just vote/comment 

much love and stay safe out there,Faye <3