𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

"𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍, 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍, 𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑" I sing while Alex plays the drums, Reg on guitar and J is on keyboard. Just as i finish Luke poofs in landing on the his couch.

"Woah River-" He jumps from the couch immediately.

"Shush and grab your guitar. We got work to do" I say turning my head sideways. He looks at the others smiling wildly while chuckling and grabbing his guitar.

He walks towards me, standing in front of Alex's drum set. "What made you come back?" He asks me, ignoring everyone else.

"I realized how important music is to all of us.....annnnnd i might have been a teeny bit harsh" I drag out the 'and' not wanting to admit to my harshness.

"And we've lost so much already" I say looking at the others before meeting his eyes. "We can't lose this too."

"Thanks" Luke says, his tone quiet. "All right boss, where we at?" He says breaking the soppy tension.

I laugh "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday Lukey" I grab the mic from the stand again.

"Let's go from the pre-chorus?" J asks making me nod my head.

"One, Two, Three, Four"

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

After a long and painful dinner with our Tia which sparked an argument about me missing...multiple math tests I rushed up stairs wanting to be away from everyone.

Sitting comfortably on a cushion which was placed in my window (window seat) a text had interrupted me from drawing on my microphone.

It was from....Dylan ' hey riv hope you're not mad about the whole dance situation. sucks ur with nick'

Really that's all he had to say? I'm not mad that didn't chose me....I'm mad that he's been ignoring me ever since our kiss. Yet knocking had again stopped me from sending a very mean and long text back.

Looking at my door i see a leather clad arm coming through it. "What're you guys doing?" I question making Reggie stick his head through the door.

"We're being classy" He says in a funny voice, "WOAH!" He exclaims being pulled back.

Then Luke comes into my room Al and Reg in suit. "Why are you still here? We're going in like 20 minutes" Luke starts walking towards my bed.

"I lied to Ray so...now I'm stuck in my room all night"

"Yeah but we were just at the venue. I mean its packed. like VIPs, managers" Al says making me feel nervous. "Its kinda crazy" He says excitedly. Yes Alex, very crazy.

"What about my Tia? She's right downstairs" I point to the floor.

"Pffft your aunt" Luke says walking towards my window. "You're not taking the stairs" He states throwing open my window.

My jaw drops before I break out into a big smirk. "Ugh i know imma regret this"

"Great now we just have to get Julie on board" Reggie says walking through my wall.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Excitement ran through my bones, i was wearing one my my mamas old dresses and i felt good....really good actually. The guys had convinced Julie to sneak out using my window is well. The dress was black and different colored flowers on it which had matched with the old school vibe J and i were going for.

"Hey are we late!?" Julie asked Flynn as I hugged Jonah who was also waiting for us.

"More like too early" He whispered. We all turn to face the stage. Carrie Wilson was stood in the center.

"Hope you all came to have a great time!" She giggles as the crowd erupt in cheers and whoops.

"Dirty Candy? How'd she get on the list?" Julie asks to no one in particular.

"Her daddy probably made a call" Flynn says rolling her eyes, even the mention of Trevor made my blood boil.

"Hey i love your dress Riv" Jonah says "Love the flower vibes" I smile back at him which was a silent thanks/appreciation.

During Dirty Candy's performance i decide to survey the audience. There was a good few people i recognized from school, like Nick along with alot of the lacrosse team....Dylan included. He was cheering and hyping them up which confused me, last time i checked he didn't exactly like Carrie or her friends?

My eyes widen as Alex poofs onto stage behind Carrie, I turn my head slightly raising an eyebrow to Lukey n Reg who just shrug their shoulders. Al joins in the dance routine making me smile, "He deserves a good dance party" I whisper to Luke who laughs making me smile.

"Huh? What're you talking about?" Jo whispers back a confused look on his face. I gulp before thinking of a stupid excuse.

"Oh him-" i say pointing to an older guy who was dancing....weirdly. Jo just laughs saying something about my humor.

Alex poofs next to me out of breath. "You having fun?" I say whilst Jonah was checking something on his fun.

Al clears his throat. "It's not my fault- it's um...my feet"

"Mmmmhmmm yeah sure" I say nodding my head sarcastically making the boys laugh.

"Put me back in coach" He says quietly, poofing back onto the stage.

Roars from the crowd clearly add to Carries ego as she heads towards us after her performance, "Hi girls! Um, isn't it past your bedtime?" She asks causing her minions to giggle amongst themselves.

"If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come" Carrie spat harshly towards me making Luke whisper 'whos Nick?' in my ear.

I scoff loudly and dramatically take a few steps closer to her. "That's not why I'm here."

"Ok, looks like we're closing the night with one more group" The hosts says into the mic. "Julie and The Fat Ones" I swore my jaw hit the floor as the announcer said that. Flynn also was shocked by the name. Yet we didn't like the snickering from the people around us get to us.

"My handwriting sucks" Was Luke's excuse which wasn't a lie.

Smiling sweetly at Carrie, I grab Julies hand and walk towards the stage with my head held high.

Julie sits at the keyboard while i take center stage. "Hey! Its actually Julie and The Phantoms" She said yet the crowd didn't care....like at all.

Julie starts to play the opening keys.

I guess its now or never!

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵