𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

The next day at school was hectic for us, for whatever reason every person J and i passed wanted pictures with us. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind but Julie said we had to 'maintain a good image' whatever that is meant to mean.

Just as another couple walked away after pictures Nick approached Julie and I. "Can i get a selfie too?" He asks looking between us.

While J and Nick were having a flirty conversation clearly forgetting about my presence there was a tap on my shoulder. Dylan is standing there running hands through his light curls "Can we talk?" He asks earning looks from J n Nick as their conversation stops.

"Uh sure" I say pulling him further down the hall and away from prying eyes. 

"You did incredible last night!" He says whilst leaning into what i assume is his locker. "You're gonna blow up"

"It was just a garage party don't go all crazy on me" I try to joke and ease the weird tension.

"Uh I'm sorry i couldn't stay for the whole thing, i had a ton of homework" Dyl explained, playing with the pearly bracelet on his wrist.

"Its fine Dylan thanks for coming"  i say spotting Jonah down the hall "See you around" i try walking around him but his tall figure blocked the path.

"Hey! umm listen i just wanted to say sorry I've been more than a jerk lately and I'm not proud of it" Dylan says staring at his feet, "Even with Kayla i guess i was just using her to make you jealous" He continues finally meeting my wide eyes "You make me hella nervous and you intimidate me" I laugh out loud the surprise hitting me, no one's ever admitted to that.

"I mean don't agree with you using someone else buuuttt that is quite funny" 

"Ya know you've got pretty neat skate boarding skills, maybe we could chill at the park together?" He asks playing with the bracelet again, assuming he does it when he's nervous.

"Is that your way of asking me out?" i asked as he blushed, "I guess i can find time" Walking past him i kiss his cheek before rushing down the hall to Jo trying to hide my own blush.

"Did Dylan just ask you out or are you hot?" Jo asked placing a hand on my red cheek.

"Uh he asked me out....oh god....he asked me out and i said yes" the realization finally hitting me.

"Well isn't that a good thing?" Jo asks as visible confusion takes over his face. "Is this about Luke?"

"No...yes...i mean no....heck i don't know Jonah, i like Dylan but i also really like Luke"

"I love you River Mariposa Molina so that's why I'm going to hit you with reality" he sighs "Luke is dead"

"Jeez Jonah thanks for stating the obvious" I snap back.

"Let me finish!" He rasps out "You and Luke would and will never work okay? don't let him waste your time when you can have a living guy who likes you!"

River nodded her head knowing better than to argue with Jonah over this, yet little did she know that only a little bit down the hall,Julie rejected her ex boyfriend....for the reason that she had also fallen for a phantom. 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵