𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The next morning wasn't that eventful, except for Ray singing my song and having made breakfast for us

Though now i was stood at my uniquely designed locker, trying to keep a good record at school. As i shut my locker I jumped, Lukey was leaning against the locker beside me.

"Normal people don't do that....and neither should ghosts" I say through gritted teeth trying to bring zero attention my way. "What're you even doing here?" I question facing him.

"We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight" Luke explains causing me to roll my eyes. "I was thinking 'Great'" he said.

"Hold up" I told him placing my phone against my ear so i hopefully don't look crazy.

"Wait- you're just going to have a phone call while we're talking!" Luke says shocked. "Do you know how rude that is?" He asks angrily.

"Thanks for calling!" I say overly smiling "Otherwise people might think I'm talking to myself!" I try giving Luke the message...harshly might i add.

"Right nice" He says bobbing his head, making me want to choke the life out of him.

"But yes, i think 'Great' is a....hmm a great choice"

"Sweet well that's not exactly everything i wanted to talk about, so..."

"Oh, can it wait til after school orrrr?" I drag out confused as to why he isn't going on.

"Look I know im not the easiest person to work with, but i- i wanted to tell you that i think you make me a better writer" Luke stutters nervously while rubbing the back of his head, causing me to smirk wildly.

"I think we make each other better" I say never breaking eye contact. "So was that what you wanted to say...?" I could tell he had more to say but would he?

"It can wait maybe til we're all together" before he gets pumped by a sudden idea "You know what? Why dont you just ditch school today? Let's go write some songs together and rehearse!"

"What!? No, no...i promised Ray that school comes first" I explained.

"Right. You were at school first and now you're leaving to go rehearse" He says still not understanding me. "Come onnn i can't do this without you" Luke pleads after seeing the look on my face.

"I can't Lukey i-" sighing before continuing "I told Nick I would be his dance partner" Noticing Lukes face drop.

"Hey River!" Nick yelled running up behind Luke, quickly i 'hang up' on Luke.

"Well don't you look sharp" Luke said eyeing Nick knowing damn well he couldn't see him.

"You ready for our big performance?" Nick asks excitedly with a hint of nerves in his voice.

"Oh yeah, we're gonna do great!"

"I'm glad you're confident" Nick says grimacing. "Even after three classes i still think i got worse"

"Its a good thing ive got my secret weapon" Oh god- by the look on Lukes face he for sure took that the wrong way.

"Uh oh looks like someone's got a crush on Rio" Luke teases smirking wildly. This makes me say a quick 'shut up' while covering it up with a cough.

"Sorry fly in my throat!" I say patting my chest.

"Seriously Molina i- im nothing without you" Nick states, before my heart would have beaten out of my chest but now i simply cringe at his choice of words.

"Shhh no no you're. You're gonna do fine" I say pushing his chest slightly making him fall into Luke. "See you there?" I said hinting at he fact that he should leave.

"Yeah I'll be the guy trying to not make us look stupid" Nick laughs though it was not funny...at all, Luke follows his path mocking him as he does.

"Well he's just too cute!" Luke says in a weird voice "I can't believe you dated...that" He whispers, i choose to ignore his last comment and roll my eyes.

"Boundaries" I warn "I'll see you after school Lukey" i state walking away.

"I guess we'll have to carry tonight...just like we always do!" He shouts from behind me causing a hint of a smile to appear.

"I know you're smiling!" he continues to shout "Kill it on the dance floor!"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵