𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The walk back seemed longer, the tears still hasn't stopped falling i guess it just brought up the past a little too much. With the sun setting my eyes fall on Luke who was leaning against a pillar on the porch. I stare at him before walking towards him.

"Hey..."

"Hey" he simply responds.

"I'm sorry for overstepping" I say not enjoying the awkwardness between us.

"No i..." He pushed off the pillar standing in front of me, "I just had to leave, that was-"

"You don't have to say anything" I said putting my hands into my back pocket.

"Yeah i do. Uh...i didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents, especially my mom so....thank you" He says making tears well in my eyes again.

"I know i come across as mean and shallow and like- like i don't care about anyone but its hard ya know for me to open up but when you came into my life things changed...." I sigh looking into his eyes, his hands slowly reaches up trying to wipe away my falling tears but instead of the skin to skin contact a simple whoosh sound is heard making us pull apart.

He sits down on one of the steps and taps the spot beside him. Sitting down i place my hands in my lap.

"You don't have to tell m-"

"No, no i want i just- i don't even know where to start....it all happened so fast and next thing you know their gone"

ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

The slam of the front door makes Luciana Molina jump out of her arm chair, with the hope that her daughter had returned

The slam of the front door makes Luciana Molina jump out of her arm chair, with the hope that her daughter had returned. Rushing to the front door she lets out a sigh of relief seeing her baby girl in the hallway.

"And where the hell have you been all night River-Mariposa!?" Luciana rushes out angrily, trying her best to stay composed but River could tell from her tone that this would just become another night, like the previous ones.

"I've been at uncle Rays relax!".....'relax' Luciana repeated in her mind, its like her daughter had no care or consideration for those around her. Yet she knew, she knew her River wasn't at Rays house.

Riv knew deep down that her uncles would have been the first place her mama would have checked....but she didn't have the time to come up with a decent lie yet and if her mama found out where she truly was all hell would break loose.

"Don't you dare- you have the courage to lie to me right now River? You are unbelievable!" The older woman yelled following Riv as she went into their smaller than normal living room.

"Can we not? I'm sick of the yelling" River threw her bag on the couch turning to face her mother who was by now emotionally drained. Their fighting was constant, over the littlest of things and somehow they never seemed to have a normal conversation without it ending in a screaming match.