How Did You Meet?

Jean Grey:

Girl: Mr. L/N!

You stopped in the hall and turned around to see some of your students run over to you. You smiled as you looked down at them. Your right hand held some books that you would need for your next class. You wore a nice suit with your hair styled up enough for the faint scar on your head to be revealed.

Y/N: Hey, kiddos. Did you need something?

The girl's friends all started to encourage her as she shyly handed something to you. It was a small box that was wrapped in paper.

Girl: T-This is for you.

You looked at it for a moment before you gladly took it. You unwrapped it and looked at what was inside. A new tie.

You smiled warmly as you pulled it out.

Y/N: This is very nice. I'll be sure to put it on once I get to my classroom. Thank you.

The girl blushed but smiled at your praise. She then ran off with her friends while you watched. It was your second month working here, but it always made you happy to know that these kids enjoyed having you around.

You understood why some may be wary about trusting a human. Especially after what some of them have been through. You reached your classroom and set your books down on your desk. And, true to your word, you started putting your new tie on.

Xavier: Ah, Mr. L/N. I'm glad I found you.

You looked up to see two people enter your room. The Headmaster himself, Charles Xavier, and a woman you had only seen around the school. A beautiful red head with the most hypnotic smile you had ever seen.

Y/N: To what do I owe the pleasure, Sir?

Xavier wheeled into your classroom as you leaned against the desk. The woman looked around for a moment before she looked at you.

Xavier: I wanted to introduce you to someone. I'm sure you haven't had the time to speak to many of our staff yet.

Y/N: Regretfully, no. I have been busy with....everything.

Woman: I've heard you've been giving it your all.

You looked at the woman and smiled.

Y/N: I've been trying. These kids.....I don't want them to think that the world is giving up on them.

You stood up and held out your hand.

Y/N: I'm Y/N L/N. And you must be the scarlet beauty I keep hearing about.

The woman smiled a bit wider at the name. She grabbed your hand, her skin soft and smooth, and shook it.

Jean: I'm Jean Grey. It's a pleasure to meet you.
---------------
Pyslocke:

You sat on the metal fold out chair as everyone in the circle told their stories. Everyone was here for a reason. Everyone had seen something that changed them forever.

Man: When I got back home....I couldn't sleep for a full night. I couldn't eat, I couldn't think. My wife, she, uh, she caught me staring at a blank TV. But I could still hear the gunfire. The screams. I...I still smell the smoke sometimes.

Dylan, the man who ran this support group, nodded in understanding at his situation. You just sat there in silence with the foam cup in your hand. The black liquid had long since gone cold.

Dylan: And now?

The man thought about it for a moment.

Dylan: It's getting easier to handle. But...it's still hard sometimes.