Destiny (Laura)

You let out a yawn as you walked through the massive city of New York. You had your messenger bag hanging off your shoulder and you ran a hand through your hair. If you knew you would have to go to these meetings, you would've stayed in the woods.

It's been nearly a year since you got a job as a photographer for a nature magazine. It paid great and you now had an apartment of your own. Long gone was the scrawny homeless runaway.

Things were going well.

Though, you still found yourself with a painful hole in your heart. Funny how that hasn't healed, even three years later.

You tried not to think about it for too long. Lonely nights were always the worst, but you had gotten better.

You ended up at your office and headed up to your boss's office. Apparently he had a huge news story for that he wanted you to take pictures of.

Y/N: Sir?

You poked your head into the office and your boss smiled.

Boss: Y/N! My boy! Come in. Take a seat.

You did as such and reached into your bag. You set the small stack of photos on the desk.

Y/N: Here's the photos for that Whale piece.

Boss: And how did you like Alaska?

Y/N: It was cold.

Your boss smiled at the photos before he nodded.

Boss: These are fantastic as always. Good work. I have even more faith in you for this next assignment.

Y/N: What is it?

Your boss set the photos down and looked at you.

Boss: You heard of Krakoa, right? That new mutant island nation?

Wait.

Boss: I managed to snag us an exclusive, but they only agreed if you were the one to do it.

You nervously shifted in your seat and hesitated.

Y/N: Uh...

Boss: Kinda weird that they asked for you by name, but I didn't want to ask questions. This is a big scoop. That island is inhabited by all kind of animal and plant life. This is a once in a lifetime exclusive.

You sat there in silence for a moment.

Y/N: When would this be?

Boss: Right now!

And that is how you ended up in front of one of the gateways to Krakoa. You held your camera in your hands while you waited for someone to pick you up.

This was beyond weird since you were sure that at least some of the mutants you had met three years ago would be there. And that wasn't even considering.....

Y/N: Laura.

???: Y/N L/N?

You looked up to see a man standing there.

Y/N: Oh. Uh, hi. Yeah. That's me.

The man smiled.

???: I know. We met before. But I guess it has been some time. I'm Scott. Scott Summers.

 Scott Summers