Preparing for your baby

~ Zarkon ~

Now that Zarkon finished putting the crib and changing table together in the nursery and after it had been decorated you were putting your daughter's clothes away and putting other supplies away where they were needed. Zarkon was busy baby proofing the rooms that your daughter would be in so that she wouldn't get into anything or get hurt. You loved how the nursery had turned out and couldn't wait to finally have your daughter.

"How are things going in here?" Zarkon asked as he walked into the nursery.

"Pretty good. I managed to fit a few more outfits in the closet and a few extra diapers on the changing table. I just barely got the bedding in the crib." You said, walking over to your husband.

"That's good, kitten. I haven't finished baby proofing yet, but I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow." Zarkon told you, kneeling down so that he was closer to your height.

"Are you sure that it's necessary to baby proof everything this early on?" You asked him curiously, putting your hands on his shoulders.

"Yes, I'm sure. You'll understand when our daughter arrives and she's old enough to crawl around." Zarkon said, knowing what's to come when your daughter starts becoming more mobile.

You weren't sure what he meant, but you had a feeling that you would find out eventually. Zarkon gently placed his hands on your hips and leaned forwards, nuzzling you affectionately.

 Zarkon gently placed his hands on your hips and leaned forwards, nuzzling you affectionately

       _________________________________

~ Alfor ~

You carefully hammered in a nail into one of the walls of the room that would be your son's nursery. You were fixing to hang up a cute picture while Alfor was putting the crib together. As soon as the nail was in place you set the hammer down and picked the picture up. It was a picture of chibi versions of the Paladins. You carefully hung the picture on the wall and adjusted it until it was on the wall right.

"Well?" You asked, turning to face Alfor.

"Hm? Oh, it looks wonderful, princess." Alfor said, smiling when he saw the picture hanging on the wall.

"Thanks! The crib is looking good." You said, seeing that he was almost finished building it.

"Thank you. It'll be ready shortly. Could you please get the bedding ready?" Alfor asked you before turning back to the crib and continuing his task at building it.

You walked over to one of the two baskets that had the clean crib bedding clean baby clothes and clean burp cloths. You found all of the crib bedding and took it out. Alfor was quick to put the rest of the crib together. Once he was finished he put the mattress in and you put the bedding in.

"It's not exactly as I pictured it, but it's nice." You said, looking around the nursery.

"I suppose it'll take time for us to get used to it." Alfor said as he stood behind you and wrapped his arms around your somewhat large baby bump.