When you get the baby blues

~ Zarkon ~

As much as you loved being a mom, it could be stressful at times. Sometimes you got so stressed that you weren't able to properly take care of Gatrea. You never neglected her, but you would hand her to Zarkon and have him take care of her. So, Zarkon hired a Dayak to take care of Gatrea; he would have to eventually do so anyway. You were a little nervous to leave Gatrea in the care of a Dayak, but Zarkon reassured you that everything would be alright.

"Now that we're alone, what do you want to do?" Zarkon asked as he sat on the bed with you, lifting you up and laying you on his chest.

"I don't know. I haven't really done anything I want in so long." You told him, feeling unsure of what to do.

"We have all day." Zarkon said softly, caressing the side of your face with one of his hands.

You thought for a moment, feeling more stressed than you already were. Being a mother meant that you had to put your interests and hobbies aside. Zarkon patiently waited for your answer, ready to do anything that you wanted to do. He knew that you had the baby blues.

"Can we go for a flight?" You cautiously asked your husband, hoping that what you were asking was too much.

"Anything for you, kitten." Zarkon told you, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

You smiled at him, happy that you were finally going out to do something while alone with Zarkon. Zarkon had the cook prepare some food and something to drink for your trip. Once everything was ready, you and Zarkon took the picnic basket to the Black Lion. You felt less stressed once Black was flying high over the ground with Zarkon flying her and you were sitting on his lap.

       _________________________________

~ Alfor ~

When Alfor noticed how depressed you were getting and how your personality was changing, he got very worried about you. He wanted to do something to help you get over the baby blues, so he asked Melenor and Trigel if they could help. Trigel and Melenor knew just how to help you, so they planned everything. Alfor was going to take care of Lotarius so that you could go out.

"Princess, are you ready yet?" Alfor asked from the bedroom, wearing a baby sling so that he could have Lotarius with him.

"I'm almost ready." You called out through the bathroom door.

When Alfor told you that he had a surprise for you, your mood immediately perked up. It had been so long since you had any excitement in your life. You wanted to look your best for the day, so you were getting ready. Once you deemed yourself presentable, you put your shoes on and came out of the bathroom.

"Alright, I'm ready." You said as you walked over to your husband, a smile on your face.

"You look beautiful, princess. Come along now." Alfor said as he began walking towards the bedroom door.

You followed Alfor, curious of what the surprise was. Lotarius babbled and sucked on one of his hands while you and Alfor held hands. Alfor led you out to the garden where he had a tea party set up, Melenor and Trigel sitting at the tea table in the gazebo. Trigel and Melenor smiled and waved when they saw you.

"You did this? For me?" You quietly gasped, covering your mouth with one of your hands.

"I'm glad that you like it, now go have fun. I'll take care of Lotarius for the day." Alfor told you, leaning down and briefly pressing his lips against yours.

"Thank you for this." You said softly, kissing him back before heading over to the gazebo.

Alfor smiled as he watched you walk over to the gazebo and sit down in the empty chair, immediately greeting Trigel and Melenor. He turned around and headed back to the Castle where Coran and Allura were. Lotarius got along well with Allura, so naturally Coran and Alfor let them be around each other as much as possible.