~Twelve~

twelve

Aleks' thoughts wandered, sitting in the blue, busted up jeep that he'd been given by a dying dear friend. She had refused his offer of immortality, wanting to join her husband, a shot down sheriff, in the next life.

Something in his twin's voice had sparked his curiosity and although he spent most of his time with his younger brother, Aleks and Elijah would always remain connected in the way only twins were. So when his suit loving older brother calls him, to tell him that there was a certain person in his grasp...well he couldn't let that escape his interest now, could he?

There was however one problem on his mind as the younger Mikaelson twin drew closer and closer to his intuitive brother.

Dear Elijah was the first person to sense something off about Aleks last time. Before he went on his monumental rampage after seeing the village he had claimed to be under his protection, in ruins. Before the darkest parts of his soul, took control and he became a totally different person. He knew. Elijah knew something was wrong.

And as of lately, the younger Mikaelson twin was starting to feel those shadows, slowly creeping in, stirring in the back of his mind. He wouldn't dare tell Nik, knowing that he'd probably enjoy the violence and chaos that his older brother could cause in that state of mind. Might even wake Kol if such a thing were to happen.

Perhaps Elijah could do something...

First, however, he must meet this companion who had garnered his brother's attention.

:3

Wynter had left Elijah's little haven, deciding to explore the town. But her fox, being the lazy creature it was remained curled up in a ball on her bed. Honestly, one would think it never had any sleep in its life.

Her stride was almost like she was gliding over the sidewalk, her face filled with serenity. It was like her mind was a million miles away. A few people even moved out of the way, thinking she was probably either drugged up or simply drunk.

But the white haired woman didn't care, especially since people were starting to go indoors as the cold settled in, Wynter bringing the snow with her.

What she didn't notice was a certain Salvatore coming her way.

:3

"So what you're telling me is that bitch has a 'daughter' who can control the frickin' weather and she acted completely different from how we had ever seen her act before? Like a completely different person. Even when we first met her."

"Yes, Damon. That is what im trying to tell you. And! She didn't dare move when Elijah turned up, told me the curse was broken and took hold of the girl's arm. Katherine had cried and begged her to run, even for Elijah to let her go," Stefan shrugged with his eyes wide.

His older brother began to pace, rubbing his jaw in thought then looked back at him, "And you left before you could get any more information?"

Stefan sighed heavily, "Uh no, because I had been dropped in a tomb with Katherine and wanted to be as far away from her and Elijah as I could get."

Damon groaned quietly under his breath, until, "I wonder if she's still in the tomb..."

Again, the younger Salvatore shrugged, "If you go see her, I'll try my best to track down Wynter, that's...that's her name."

The older rolled his eyes with a snort, "So original."

:3

Stefan, really, only had to follow the snowfall. He saw the girl, looking like she was merely drifting across the pathway near the centre of town. He slowly jogged up to her from behind and when he put a hand on her shoulder...he got the heel of her palm right into his face and breaking his nose.

Doubling over with a groan of pain, he was quickly drowned out by the plethora of soft voiced apologies that were running a mile a minute.

The Salvatore cracked his nose back into his place with a pained chuckle and straightened up to see her horrified face being cupped by her small delicate hands, "I am so sorry, that was a complete subconscious thing. I feel so awful. Are you okay? Are you alright?"

The blond stood there with his eyes wide and his jaw dropped as she continued to ramble. It couldn't have been possible that Katherine raised this girl. Absolutely no way. He shook his head, "Uh, no. I was just wondering if you were lost and I could show you around?"

Wynter, Stefan remembered, smiled brightly with joy, he was almost blinded by her smile, "You would? Oh, that's so wonderful of you. Thank you!"

Snow began to fall more heavily with her happiness as she threaded her arm around his and they started to off.

"Don't I know you? I might, but I might not. See, I look at different faces and I can't put names to them co when I meet people they always look like other people that I do know and can't help but wonder if I do know them or not-"

The Salvatore was starting at the young...young? woman beside him that held his arm like a lady would do when he was human. She was well and truly beautiful, nothing like he had ever seen. He had read some of the folklore in the library in his home about nymphs and sirens and other unnaturally beautiful creatures and wondered if she was any of the sort.

"I was..." Stefan supposed he could have lied, but as she fell quiet and looked up to him with those big pale blue, innocent eyes, the truth spilled, "I was kept in the tomb beside your...mother."

Her lush pink lips formed an 'O'. Then her face became one of sadness and sympathy, "You knew my mother when you were human, didn't you?"

The blond didn't have time to answer.

"I know Kat isn't a very nice person to everyone. I'm not an idiot. She has hurt a lot of people."

Stefan remained silent.

"But she has never attempted to but me. Or to change the person I am. The only thing she did want to change was my mortality as she didn't want me to leave her so soon. I understand that people hate her very much, but I could never. I could never hate the woman who raised me with such love and devotion."

The Salvatore swallowed with doubt that she was under a spell or something, realising that the pale blonde well and truly loved Kat like a mother. Who would have thought it?

What they didn't notice...was a certain blonde vampire seeing the two with a look of surprise that soon turned suspicious.