~Seven~

seven

"-ik. -ik. Nik. Nik! Nik! Nik!!"

"What?!" Klaus bellowed, waking up to his older brother bouncing on his bed like a child.

"Just wanted to say good morning, buddy." The Mikaelson known to be mischievous grinned, the curve of his mouth lopsided.

The Original Hybrid glared at him with one blue eye, then rolled over to look at his alarm clock...

"At 4:37 in the morning?!"

The older Mikaelson shot off out of the room, giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Sometimes I wonder which one of us is older, Aleks!!" Nik growled loudly, throwing a pillow through the door and only just missing him.

Aleksander Mikaelson, the younger twin to Elijah and favourite brother of Niklaus. Rebekah's too, but don't tell Klaus. Kol and Henrik idolized their big brother and Aleks was perhaps the only one who could get a smile out of Finn.

Growing up, the single dimple cheeked boy caused nothing but mischief, leaving his twin to more often than not, clean up his mess. But don't mistake him as foolish and dim-witted.

He is as smart and as cunning as the rest of his siblings, if not more so. Always able to think outside of the box and almost always right, Aleks is a force to be reckoned with.

:3

Niklaus Mikaelson trudged in the living room of the three-bedroom apartment that was the current home of him and his big brother. He rubbed his face wearily, then rolled his eyes to find Aleks on the couch... watching Star Wars.

Again.

"Those movies are so outdated, I don't know why you watch them." The Hybrid mumbled, his voice thick with sleep as he flopped down on the couch next to the older Mikaelson.

"They're classics, bro. You got your paintings, I got my Star Wars." Aleks grinned, ruffling his baby brother's blond hair.

Klaus shrugged him off with a pout. Aleksander was the only one to not have been daggered and the only one to make his hybrid brother act like he was still human.

"So what's on the agenda today, chief?" The brown haired Original said, swinging his arm over the dirty blond's shoulders.

"We're-" He began but was interrupted by Aleks's phone.

The ringtone? The opening tune of Star Wars, of course. How dare you think anything different.

The older Mikaelson reached over with a sigh and grabbed the small device, a slight frown on his face that dissolved into a small grin when he saw who it was.

"Elijah..." He answered and Klaus rose an eyebrow beside him, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

'Brother. I have someone in my company that you want to meet.' His twin responded, his voice... not emotionless, but closed and to the point.

"Oh?" Aleks said with a smirk while his head tilted to the side, "And where are you?"

'Mystic Falls.'

His amber coloured eyes met his brother's baby blue ones. Klaus shrugged, intrigued also.

"...I'll be there soon."

:3

Elijah hung up his phone and threw it on the bedside table with a sigh.

Had he just made a mistake?

The Noble Original ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair. Where Aleksander goes, Klaus was sure to follow. It had been a while since he'd seen his twin and he had missed him, as annoying as Aleks could be.

The suited Mikaelson straightened his jacket and left the room to find his guest still seated on his couch, stroking the head of her Fox.

"Miss Wynter?" He called quietly, his hands pushing into his pockets.

The white haired beauty looked to him with a small smile, "Yes, Elijah?"

The older vampire gazed into her ice eyes, sparkling with innocence. He smiled at her and moved to sit in front of her again, "I've asked my brother to join me here in Mystic Falls. He's very interested to meet you."

Wynter's head tilted slightly, cutely, and she blinked, "Klaus?"

Elijah leaned back in his sofa and unbuttoned his jacket, his eyes digging into her's, "No. My twin, Aleks."

"You have a twin? Kat didn't say anything about..." Wynter trailed off, stroking the fox's chin who made a small purring noise.

"No, Katerina would not know about him. Aleksander was visiting an old friend in Beacon Hills."

The elemental hybrid nodded, "And he wants to meet me?"

Elijah smiled, "He does. Aleksander has always been interested in the elementals. And he was very upset, very angry when we found your village burned to the ground."

His face turned sympathetic, "I'm so sorry about that."

She shrugged, "I can not be upset over something I remember nothing about."

The Mikaelson hummed, "May I ask what it was like having Katerina as a mother?"

Wynter smiled brightly, her purity almost blinding him, "I love my mother. She has always done her best for me. Kat always put me first. I wouldn't change her for the world."

Elijah said nothing, only watched the young vampire as she continued, "I know she isn't the nicest person. But I love her, she saved me and cared for me. She's my mother."