~Six~

six

Wynter watched the Original before her, pace as he mumbled things to himself. His pointer finger was pressed to his lips whilst his other arm was folded.

The white haired woman stroked the Arctic fox's head, who she had yet to name. It hummed with delight, soaking in the attention its pet vampire was giving it.

Elijah's chocolate brown eyes glanced over to her icy silver eyes and a faint, soft smile graced her lips.

"You seem distracted, Mister Mikaelson. Please tell me why." Wynter said, her dreamy tone somehow soothing the inner turmoil Elijah was having.

Finally, he turned his body to face her entirely, "You have me curious, Miss Wynter. I've never met a vampire who had control over the weather."

Wynter smiled faintly, "Neither have I."

The brown haired vampire clenched his jaw, irritated beyond belief by her vague response, yet he had absolutely no intention at all to harm her. He sat down in front of her and leaned close to compel her for answers. But she quickly interrupted him, amused, "Compulsion doesn't work on me, Mister Mikaelson. My mother has tried and she always failed."

"Your mother..." Elijah drifted off as Wynter nodded, "Katerina is your mother?" His voice held disbelief and confusion.

"She found me alone, underneath the burned corpse of my birth mother." The younger vampire said, her tone airy and dreamlike. As always.

Feeling regret for bringing up such a thing, Elijah began to apologise when the young woman interrupted him yet again, "Don't worry, Mister Mikaelson. I do not remember her, and while I do hold love for her, Kat is the one who saved me from death, raising me as her own."

And that is what confused the Original the most. How could such a sweet and innocent girl, be mothered by the Katerina Petrova?

The Mikaelson stared at the white haired woman, trying to piece together the puzzle of the vampire sitting before him. So many questions to ask. But how many would she answer?

"What are you?" The older vampire asked, his head tilted slightly as his eyes kept her now entertained gaze.

The white haired woman was definitely enjoying his frustration, "I was an elemental, with hold over ice and snow. That is why the weather changes when I am present. Although I do not have complete control, Mister Mikaelson."

"The elemental village burnt down almost two centuries ago. How are you here?" The Original asked, his eyes narrowed as he leant forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

Another dreamy smile curved Wynter's pink lips, "Because I'm a vampire now, Mister Mikaelson. Kat changed me when I turned 23. But she did make sure I would retain my gifts first. My mother didn't want to take away something that I hold very dear to my heart. Something that reminds me of who I was and who I am."

With some of his questions answered, the man smiled back softly while nodding, satisfied for now as his thoughts wandered elsewhere. Perhaps he should call his brother.

His younger twin had been fascinated by the elementals and been by his side when they found the once extravagant but secretive village burned to the ground.

But he was with Niklaus now, having always been closer to their hybrid brother than himself. And it, of course, upset the suit-wearing Original. Were twins not supposed to be inseparable?

The airy, bell-like voice broke him from his thoughts, "Mister Mikaelson-"

"Please, Miss Wynter. Call me Elijah." He said politely, his dazed expression fading to a serious one.

That sweet smile seemed to never leave her face, "Very well... Elijah. You look torn. What are you thinking about now?"

The older vampire studied the younger, still unable to believe such a pure soul had been raised by one such as Katerina.

"Don't worry about it, Miss Wynter. Simply a passing thought." Elijah then stood and straightened his jacket, "You shall be staying here until I decide otherwise. Please tell me at any time whether you need something."

The white haired, immortal elemental blinked several times as the Mikaelson walked off into what looked like his bedroom before he closed the door. She turned her head and looked at her fox, a look of surprise in its eyes.

Wynter nodded before settling into the sofa, "I agree. A strange man indeed."

:3

Unbeknownst to the elemental Hybrid in his living room, the Noble Mikaelson stared at his phone with his thumb hovering over a certain contact. He took in a deep breath.

If he were to call his brother, so many things would change. With his twin's arrival, Niklaus would follow. Then what would happen?

Elijah would be lying if he said he wasn't intrigued to what could happen and how his brother would react to meeting Miss Wynter. And what would Nik think? Meeting another hybrid?

With a sigh, the Original tapped the number and raised it to his ear, listening to the dial tone.

"Elijah..." A voice filled with surprise and curiosity answered, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Brother. I have someone in my company that you would want to meet." The suited vampire stated, looking to the floor.

"Oh?" The voice continued, a smirk obviously entwined with his tone, "And where are you?"

"Mystic Falls."

"...I'll be there soon."