02

Try again until you see blood.

Evie

The weekend ran fairly quickly and smoothly without any bumps. My mother came home tired as usually and spent it in her make shift office and only made an appearance to eat. Colton asked if she would throw a ball outside with her but she declined and I went out with him. I play more of a mother role than she does. I guess she doesn't mean it after my father left she has all
the responsibility on her and has to live up to me and my brother needs.

The ringing of the phone pulled me out of my recount and I scrambled to answer it.

It's Wednesday and I have returned to work which thankfully isn't' a terrible place to be for me. I am a receptionist for a lawyer who is incredibly nice to me. I pretty much got the job straight after I graduated high school, he heard thy my father had left us and I needed to help my mother support my brother and gave me the job on the spot. Brad has always been like a father figure to me.

Tonight is Colton's first lesson with Cameron which slightly terrifies me mostly because I don't know what to expect. Colton is a soft soul and wouldn't hurt a fly I just hope cameron doesn't expect a lot from him other wise Im not afraid to speak my mind.

Brad lets me leave the office early because there isn't much to do so it gives me enough time to drive to Colton's school and wait for him.

"How was school?" I ask as he opens the door and roughly throws his bag to the back seat.

"Fine." He says through gritted teeth.

"Look Mr just because your seven doesn't mean you can talk to me like that." I lecture.

"I just had a bad day that's all." He tells me and I sense a little calm in his tone.

"Don't tell me those boys approached you again I w-"

"No they didn't I went to the library and sat there." He interrupts me.

"You sat there like a nerd?" I ask scrunching up my nose.

He turns his head to me gives me a death stare.

"Skate came up to me."

I try to ease my beating heart and clenched onto the steering wheel a little harder.

"What did he want?" I ask trying to level out my shaky tone.

Colton shrugs, "I was walking to school and he just came up to me and asked me some things about you.."

"I don't want you talking to him again you understand? Nate isn't a good person to be around." I instruct him seriously and his eyes slightly widen.

"What ever!" He rolls his eyes at me.

"What have I told you about that habit! One day they will fall out!"

.

We walk into the gym it's familiarly dark and silent apart from the heavy sounds of hits hitting a bag with chains rattling.

I purchased Colton some boxing gloves to practise with, Cameron never really gave me instructs of what he would need.

I catch Cameron working out in the middle of the ring with his hands tapped slightly bruised from every hard hit he throws at the bag.

We make our way closer to the ring having to push Colton most of the way. Cameron turns around and has a fierce look on his face that has Colton hiding behind me.

"What's that for? We're fighters not boys." Cameron glares down at Colton.

"Don't speak to him like that." I take a stand.