09

Like I would- ZAYN

Talking bout it's not my style.
Evie

"He keeps staring at you." Kate whispers in my ear again as I struggle to read my book from her constant interruptions.

"He is probably looking at the trees behind me." I comment diving myself back into the make belief world.

"No he is defiantly looking at you!" Kate insists not taking anything from me.

I finally look up to see a guy looking in our direction, his eyes never leaving mine as his mouth curves upwards. I find myself looking directly at him before looking back down and tucking my hair away from my face.

Nate Maloney, the schools 'bad boy', known for every possible wrong doing. He is 19 and still in High School for failing and being held back over the years. He is notorious for his unorthodox behaviours.

I shake my head out of my inner thoughts about how handsome he looks without even trying. The way he plays the innocent act never being in the wrong. He just is just so attractive by his mysterious side. I shake my head of my thoughts and ignore everything else I was thinking.

"He is coming this way, Bye!" Kate informs me scrambling off the bench taking her things with her.

"Kate!" I call after her shocked at her sudden departure.

When I turn my head Nate is walking towards me with his hands in his pockets his head looking around before setting on me with a smile tugging on his lips.

"I couldn't help but see you here and not come over to say hello."

Oh my even his voice sounds dangerous but perfect, rough and slightly husky. I should really not be analysing his voice!

"Hello." I answer nervously as I look up at his face and down at my book again.

Boys don't really approach me unless it's to copy my homework or steal ideas from my essays. So him being so close to me and even having a normal conversation is freaking me out and making me question his intentions.

"What's your name?" He questions bending his head to the side.

"Evelyn, I prefer Evie though." I tell him.

"Nate" he offers his hand for me to shake, "I prefer Skate though."

"Are you like a rapper or something?" I giggle.

"I'm worst than that baby girl." He winks.

He sits in front of me on the bench, "What are you reading?" He asks turning my book around.

"The Great Gatsby." I answer.

"Have you watched the movie?"

"I like to read the book before watching the movie."

"Do you think you will be finished by this weekend? You can come over my place and we can watch it?" His eyes look wide and hopeful through his invite.

I retreat my eyes back to the book and shake off the smile playing on my lips before lifting my head slightly to look at Nate, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why wouldn't that be? Do I intimidate you Evelyn?" His brows knit together.

Something gives me the impression he has never been told no before. All the girls through themselves at him which shocks me as to why he is talking to me. His body shape is heavily built up and his frame three times my own.