11

I hate you I love you - gnash ft Olivia O'brien

"Just want to feel your kiss against my lips"

Evie

I leave the room shortly after Cameron's 'terms and conditions', he kept his eyes attached to the right side of the celling as what felt like an eternity of looking at him with pleading eyes not to do what he was doing, pushing me away when he was my safe haven of refuge.

"You ready to go." I ask Nate not caring if I interrupt his conversation with the two cake faces.

"No, I'm speaking to Mandy and Sandra." He replies back wrapping his arm around my shoulder and I want to gag.

"It's Marisa" one of the girls speaks up.

"Mandy , Marisa, Marisa, Mandy! Same bloody thing!" He laughs.

"I'm leaving, you stay." I tell him as I untangle myself from him.

I've had the longest day and can't wait for an even longer one tomorrow at work, at I seriously need to get out of here. I couldn't give two shits if Nate gets with those girls or any girl , because we are not together and I will never allow myself to fall into that world that I was a prisoner in again. Although I don't understand why others can't see it like that, Nate is an obsessive freak who clings onto me and I want nothing from him and I'm no longer in love with the monster who made me the person I am today. I just don't understand why Cameron can't understand that! Why can't he just take my word and believe me when I say Nate and I are nothing and my attention is on him every minute.

Why do I even want to have a 'thing' with Cameron, if he can't even believe me? Am I that stupid to believe that something could flower from this, ha! I actually couldn't give a fuck about him any more! Who does he think he is giving me an option! He is just some jerk who thinks he can do what even he wants and I'm not giving him that satisfaction!

"Evie! Wait!" I hear a voice shout and Cameron's voice fills my head and for some stupid reason I feel happy and confident that he has believed me and wants to take everything back.

Although my heart crushes more once I see Nate escape from the darkness of the night. "Yes." I respond. Trying to shake off the satisfaction and amendment I felt thinking Cameron at least cared.

"I'm not letting you walk alone! Come here, babe" he smiles opening his jacket a little to welcome me into his warmth.

"I'm good, you can stay and hang." I tell him with a smile to assure him I'm fine. There is at least five meters between us and I hope it stays like that.

"Don't be stupid lola, it's cold and I know your feeling it. Your hands are tightening that jumper closer to your body. I wouldn't be a gentlemen if I didn't walk my girl home." He tells me walking towards me.

Lola is my middle name and I want to sink into the floor at this given moment. Because this is a reminder of how gentle, kind and perfect Nate could be, after we met he insisted on calling me that and it was the sweetest thing ever and the way he is acting now even if it's just 10 fucking words it has me in that life before it went to dusk.

I'm so cold in this night that my fingers are frozen and are sore every time I seem to move them. My jumper that I'm struggling to cover myself from the cold is struggling to even cover me so when Nate comes to me and we both are wrapped into his jumper I can't help but embrace it and smile at him.

"Let's walking with the same foot stepping out at each time." He suggests.

I shake my head, "we're not five".