𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
𝗞𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗨𝗔, 𝗛𝗜,
𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

"Huh?"

You tiredly called out as your tinted bedroom windows turned back into their clear state.

"Good morning, miss. Today is Friday, July 9th, and it is now 7:30 in the morning. Today's weather will be partly cloudy with outside temperatures currently at 77°F."

"Hngg, who-" you cut yourself off with a yawn.

"A pleasant night, miss?

"Wha- J.A.Y?!"

"Indeed, miss. I completed my installation process at approximately 3:01 AM. My servers are now fully integrated and ready to begin the homing process."

"That's great, J! Commence procedure immediately."

"As you wish. Commencing structure analysis and homing process. Importing preferences and calibrating virtual environment. This procedure shall take around 15 minutes depending on server levels and data speed. Would you like your usual brew and breakfast while you wait?"

"That'd be awesome, J.'' you called out as you tried not to trip over your bedsheets. You were actually very eager to start the day for once. J.A.Y's arrival would significantly help things along as you experiment with more ideas on time travel. Although you made good progress yesterday, J.A.Y's help would be invaluable.

Maybe in a few years, I'll finally be able to introduce advanced Artificial Intelligence as something concrete and not just Hollywood magic. Till then, I don't want to overwhelm the world with too much at once nor do I need the public accusing me of creating British Skynet.

It took a few days to fully install J.A.Y in this particular home of yours, considering it was in a secluded area in Hawaii. Add that to the fact that you didn't want to alert the media to your location. But it was infinitely worth it since J.A.Y was both your assistant and companion in practically everything.

You quickly did your morning essentials and dressed casually in some jeans and an old MIT sweatshirt. You put your hair up into a messy bun and got out the schematics of a prototype you had designed yesterday.

"Your coffee of choice and a dozen muffins have just been delivered, miss. They are now by the front porch along with the deliveryman who is awaiting payment."

"Thanks, J! I don't know what I'd do without you, dear."

You picked up your phone and wallet on the way as you eagerly headed towards the door. You paid the man and gave him a tip as you could see both your coffee and muffins were safe and still piping hot.