𝐗. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟑
𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄, 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

[ TW: Mentions of blood and violence at the end of the chapter ]

"Are we there yet?"

"Not quite."

.

.

.

"Is that the one?" A woman, clad in a blue-coloured dress, pointed at a passing manor.

"Hmm..." Her companion, a man wearing a similar blue-coloured coat, quirked his lip in response. "No. I am afraid not."

A few more minutes of silence ensued.

.

.

.

"How about now? Are we there yet?"

"Unfortunately, my answer would still have to be no."

"Are we at least getting close?"

"We are getting increasingly closer."

The woman beamed.

"I can safely say that we have about an hour or so to go."

The woman scowled.

Loudly heaving a sigh, the woman slumped in her seat. "How much longer, Henry?"

"Patience is a virtue, (Y/n). I do believe you can last for a few more miles."

"My patience is running on fumes."

"I suppose that it would be in your best interest to remedy that." Henry flicked his eyes to the woman in mild exasperation. "The estate covers a good amount of land and it shall take some time to arrive at the actual house."

Another deep sigh was heard throughout the carriage, followed by a quiet mumbling of "Rich people."

Raising an eyebrow at the theatrical display in front of him, Henry remarked, "If my memory serves me well, you are also quite wealthy in your own time, are you not?"

"Well yeah... But I don't own like half a county." You snickered and slouched in your seat, leaning your head on the carriage's window. "At least, I think I don't. Probably not though." Not ten seconds later, you regretted your decision as the carriage passed over a rut and caused you to hit your head on the glass pane.