𝐈𝐕. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐘𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟑
𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄,
𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍, 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

"First of all, Cavendish, please do me the honor of introducing me to this lady of yours, if you would not mind."

"Not at all. Miss (L/n), this is my cousin, Colonel George Phillips of His Majesty's Army. Phillips, this is Miss (Y/n L/n). But I would like to remind you that she is not-"

Colonel Phillips interrupted him and turned to you, "Pardon me, Miss (L/n). May I ask what county you are from? I am afraid I do not recognise your family."

"If you're asking what county I'm from, I am, unfortunately, not from around here. If you mean to ask what country I'm from, then I'm from the United States." you prepared yourself for the onslaught of questions.

Fuck it, he'll think I'm crazy by the end of this anyway.

You weren't disappointed, "America? But that is positively ludicrous! A trip across international waters during a time of war is a dangerous gamble and most people could not even begin to endure the long months at sea." he gasped astonishedly.

Leaning back on the settee to project an air of false calmness, you replied in turn, "I should probably reiterate, I'm not from around here. Not from this country and definitely not from this time period."

Your words seemed to alarm the Colonel as he sat up in shock, "Pardon? Not from this time period?"

Cavendish quickly tried to intervene, "Miss (L/n) claims that she had somehow traveled from the year 2021 into 1813. Before you could object, cousin, I would like to-"

"2021? Why, that is the most singular piece of fiction that I have ever heard during my two and thirty years of living!"

Bristling at being interrupted for the second time, Cavendish enunciated, "If you would let me finish, Phillips, perhaps we should let Miss (L/n) explain the circumstances of her situation."

The Colonel reluctantly nodded and turned towards you, "Forgive me for my breach in manners, Miss (L/n). It is not every day I am informed that I am in the presence of a magical being capable of traveling in time. "

Gotta give him that one. I wouldn't believe a random woman falling from the ceiling to be a time traveler either.

"It's alright, Colonel. I will gladly answer any of your questions." you smiled ruefully, reminding yourself to limit your use of modern language.

"I am grateful for your cooperation, Miss (L/n). Might I pertain as to precisely where in America you reside?"

"It's no problem at all, Colonel. I was born in Springfield in a state called Illinois but I've been living in New York for a few years now." you tried to lighten the mood by smiling lightly.