𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟑
𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄,
𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍, 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

July 12th, 1813.

Just another Monday morning.

"Good morning, Miss (L/n)! A rather beautiful day for a wedding, if I do say so myself!"

Or so you told yourself.

Mrs. Hudson excitedly entered the room, with Elise right behind her, along with another maid with light brown hair whom you didn't recognize. "Come, come, you two. It would be rude for the young miss to be late for her own wedding, after all."

Right, I almost forgot about my own wedding. Silly me.

You and Mrs. Hudson had gotten close over the past few days, with her fretting over your supposedly delicate constitution. You quickly grew fond of her, she honestly reminded you of one of those nice, lovable old ladies who insisted you call them "nana" while handing you a baked treat.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hudson." You gave a bright smile to the beaming older lady, "You seem very excitable today."

"Why, of course! Mr. Cavendish is finally getting married! And to such an amiable lady like yourself, as well! 'Tis a momentous day, indeed!" Mrs. Hudson positively bustled around the room, setting down several items and garments while Elise and the other maid began to prepare a luxurious bath, fit for the person who would be called "Mrs. Cavendish" in just a few hours.

Inwardly sighing, you gave the three free reign to do whatever they needed to do to prepare you for the wedding.

This is gonna be a long day.

༺═──────────────═༻

"Cavendish, old man, I know you cannot wait for the ceremony to begin, however, here is a small bit of advice from your dear cousin, stop fluttering and fidgeting. I do believe that will not make (Y/n) arrive any faster." Colonel Phillips, clad in his formal uniform, teased the obviously anxious man beside him.

"Hilarious, Phillips. I do not know how you can come up with such comedic commentary even in the midst of my wedding." The blond man, who was discovered to be the groom with the way he kept on glancing at the main entrance of the church, possibly waiting for the arrival of his bride. He briefly entertained taking out his fob watch before deciding against it, tucking it back into the pocket of his black-tailed coat. He nervously adjusted the suddenly tight white silk cravat around his neck before smoothing out the invisible wrinkles from his waistcoat. Unaware of the lingering stares on his handsome features, no woman from the gathered crowd could deny that he cut a very dashing figure.