𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗥𝗞 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬,
𝗡𝗬, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

"What do you mean she hasn't answered in more than 36 hours?!" Britney yelled into the telephone while slamming down her cup of coffee.

"Whoa, Brit. What's with the shouting? I could hear you from the outside of your office." Tommy, who was on his way to deliver paperwork from (Y/n)'s office, remarked at his normally composed colleague.

Britney tugged at her frazzled curls, "Apparently she's been MIA for the past 36 hours."

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Tommy raised his eyebrows, now starting to get concerned for his friend. A horrible feeling in his gut also pointed out that there could only be one woman who could incite such a reaction through her disappearance.

Glancing around for potential eavesdroppers, she whispered, "Get in." before securely locking the door to her office.

"Ok, what the hell is going on, Brit?"

Instead of replying, Britney, still unable to process the news, merely handed him the telephone. "Hello?"

"Who is this?" replied a voice that sounded like Mr. Wilkes, the current COO and the one that (Y/n) had placed in charge of the company while she was away on vacation. Since he had his own set of assistants, Tommy didn't have to interact much with the COO, but still, Tommy could recognize his smooth voice from a mile away.

"Mr. Wilkes?"

"Yes, this is Wilkes. Who am I speaking to?"

"Thomas Simon, sir. Miss (L/n)'s personal assistant."

"Ah, yes. Tommy was it?"

Ignoring his annoyance at the casual use of his nickname, he urged the other man, "Sir, I was informed by Britney Santiago, Miss (L/n)'s secretary, that apparently someone was missing?"

"Ah, yes. As of this morning, I was called to check on (Y/n) since she's failed to respond to any messages from the last 36 hours. I've tried contacting her a few times already only for me to go straight to voicemail." His usual smooth voice, which had never failed to attract the ladies, was now rough with worry and anxiety.

"Have you tried contacting her through J.A.Y?" Mr. Wilkes, being the company's COO, was given exclusive access to J.A.Y and if anyone would know where (Y/n) is, it would be her beloved A.I.

"Several times already with no response at all."

"No response at all?" Tommy exchanged an incredulous look with Britney, knowing full well that J.A.Y had been programmed to function through any event. If both (Y/n) and J.A.Y were unresponsive, then something bad could have happened to (Y/n).