𝐈𝐗. 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟑
𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄, 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

It was a few hours later after your 'wedding' and, currently, the carriage was leisurely passing by crop fields with the lush, rolling hills providing as the perfect background. Flowers of all hues sprouted within the evergreen horizon as the countryside was delightfully enshrouded in the warmth of summer. Mother nature had certainly took her time and effort in this part of the land, remaining peaceful and mostly undisturbed by the influence of man.

Now, usually, you would've preferred the speed and convenience of a car, but at that moment, those thoughts escaped you as a light breeze made its way inside, accompanied by the sweet aroma of flowers.

I wish I had a camera right now. Memory alone isn't enough to capture this type of view.

"I do admit, the scenery outdoors has inspired many pens and attempts to recreate such beauty through words alone. But, in my preference, 'tis a sight only worthy of being seen in person."

Henry, who sat in front of you, was quite entertained by your awe at the scenery. "By your reaction, perhaps I can safely assume that you have not been to Hertfordshire?"

"Not really. I mean, back home, I've been to England plenty of times, but I only really stayed in London. Not much time to explore the rest of the country on a tight schedule, you know?" You shrugged. The windows of the carriage were closed and Henry had assured you that the driver and footmen outside wouldn't hear anything you two said, so you didn't have to worry about any potential eavesdroppers.

"Perhaps providence has finally provided you with a chance to do so? As we will be going through quite a number of counties before we can arrive in Lincolnshire."

"Hmm..." was your only reply, too entranced by the picturesque view outside to think of more intelligible words.

Adorable. Henry softly grinned.

Nonetheless, he would prefer having a share of your attention instead of competing for it with inanimate landscapes. So, gathering some of his courage, he quickly and quietly slid into the seat next to you.

Without warning, he immediately started to point out some of the local flowers and herbs, relishing in the sight of shock on your face.

You were quick to recover though, thinking Henry's actions were him simply trying to be nice. With this, the next half hour flew by as your guide helpfully pointed out everything that might be of interest.

"And those over there by the stream are called typha, however, I have heard some people refer to them as cattails, if you will." He explained, pointing out a group of plants with brown-colored parts distinctively shaped like a certain meat-filled food.