ch1 - slurpee run

back to shear squigglies bc wattpad wont let me copy paste the bars smh
~~~

back to shear squigglies bc wattpad wont let me copy paste the bars smh~~~

~~~

The wind blew the thin strands of hair that weren't pulled back in an updo around your face. You tugged your jacket closer to your body and took a long sip of the blue drink in your hand.

It was around four p.m. on an afternoon in late November and the sun was beginning to set. The air was chilly, your slurpee making it colder.

A friend of yours stood on either side of you, both conversing about something you hadn't been listening to until the boy on your left spoke rather loudly.

"What I don't understand is why our team is called the Titans when they get something cool like the Warriors." Jean rolled his eyes and took an angry sip of his cherry slurpee. His dark eyebrows furrowed as he stared forward at the sandy hair blowing in his eyes.

If there was one thing you knew about your best friend, it was that things were better if you didn't engage in his rambling about Marley, the neighboring, claimed "rival", school.

The blonde on your right shrugged and peered back at him through thick-rimmed blue glasses. His wide brown eyes had never looked bigger. "I don't know, Jean. I think the Titans is a pretty cool name." Armin pushed the glasses up his nose. Noticing that you saw the movement, his shoulders tensed and he looked down at his shoes. "These make me look pathetic, don't they?"

You shook your head rapidly. "You look great, don't worry." You smiled genuinely as he shyly tucked a blowing strand of hair behind his ear.

"Thanks. They're pretty stupid, though. They keep sliding down my nose." Jean laughed at the small pout etching Armin's face.

"It's because of your nose shape," he suggested.

Armin looked mildly offended. "What's wrong with my nose shape?"

You let out a noise of disapproval. "Nothing's wrong with your nose, Min. You've got a cute nose. I just don't think those glasses were made for a nose like yours. Jean didn't have this issue because he's got a horse nose."

Jean narrowed his eyes warningly. "Don't even go there."

"You wear glasses, Jean? I've never seen you with them on. What do you need them for?" Armin asked curiously.

"Nothing. My vision is perfect." Jean sneered at you, desperately trying to make you shut up.

"It wasn't always perfect. His mom showed me pictures of him before he moved here. He needed glasses all throughout elementary and middle school," you said through an innocent smile. However, you were casting sly eyes at Jean.

"You said you'd keep that a secret," he grumbled.

You shrugged and took another sip of your slurpee. Armin's head perked up suddenly.