ch2 - eren jaeger meets his doom

happy new year!
~~~

happy new year!~~~

~~~

It was way too early for this. The dreaded week of school was about to start officially in around five minutes. You dropped your backpack next to your seat and slumped over onto the desk.

Having history first thing every morning was something you would change if you could. Being somebody who slept as little as you did, an overly enthusiastic teacher was a good wake-up call but not something you wanted to deal with at such an early hour.

Out of the corner of your eye, you watched two of your friends enter the classroom. One of them was scrambling to his seat with a look of pure helplessness written across his face while the other kept her usual calm disposition.

Eren rummaged through his backpack in a frenzy while you mumbled a good morning greeting to the black-haired girl sitting in front of you.

From the bg came a blank paper you recognized as last night's English homework. Eren slid the paper on your desk with expectant wide green eyes.

You raised both eyebrows. "What is this for?"

The boy in front of you ran an anxious hand through his ever messy short hair and brought it back down on the paper. "Listen, you gotta help me with this."

Mikasa turned in her seat to face you. "Don't help him. It's pointless."

Eren scoffed. "Wow, thanks, dear sister. I'm so glad I can count on you to help out a brother in need," he remarked sarcastically.

"I'm adopted," she deadpanned.

"Shut up, Mikasa," he said, scowling before he turned to you with a look of desperation. "Please, Y/n, you have to help me. Ms. Ral is gonna be so mad."

You were about to spew a clever response but a certain blonde boy beat you to it. "More like Zeke is gonna be so mad," Armin remarked as sat down in the seat next to yours.

Eren paled, not by much since he was still so tan from the summer, but you could tell since he was leaning so unfortunately close to you.

His eye twitched cartoonishly and he seemed to know the fate that awaits him in fifth-period English, which might have been your new favorite class after this day.

"Ah yes, my favorite brother," Mikasa quipped.

Eren was quick to clap back. "You're adopted, Mikasa. Plus, he's my half brother so that makes him your quarter brother."

Armin frowned. "I don't think that's how that works."

You patted their shoulder. "Just let him think what he wants. There's a reason why he flunked math last year, even with Mikasa's help."

Eren's light freckles danced as he made all sorts of offended expressions. "You don't know how hard algebra can be! When did this become hate on Eren day? You should be helping me. Y/n, you do your homework. Give me the answers now, pretty please."