ch10 - the prohibited party

thanks for 1k!!
~~~

thanks for 1k!!~~~

~~~

Paradis, despite its similarity to the word 'paradise', was anything but during the winter. You hated driving in the snow, especially when the snowbanks on the side of the road were taller than you, thanks to the plow. Plus, you had a talkative little brother who you sometimes had to take up the responsibility of driving home.  

The week had gone by fairly quickly. Everything seemed to be back in order like it was before the drama that came with Marley. Your relationship with Armin had returned to normal (thank God, it was driving Jean insane). 

You could finally relax about his interesting moods. The attention that had previously gone into worrying about Armin turned into thoughts about Pieck. As always, when you were with her you felt pretty good about what you two had going on, but then again, you still couldn't shake the feeling of something missing. 

Jean was quite insistent that maybe what you had going on with Pieck wasn't right for you. Maybe there was someone else you should give a chance. Whatever exaggerated eye roll he imagined he'd get from the subtle insinuation about Armin, the one you gave was more elaborate and came with getting whacked by a couch pillow. 

He was meddling safely enough to not totally piss you off but you also felt like there was something he knew about the other party involved that you didn't.

On the bright side, nobody was beefing with Marley anymore and it was quite peaceful knowing how swell everything was going. That's why you decided it was the perfect time to throw an absolute rager kick-off winter break.

You've hosted one or two parties at your house before. It was always because Eren persuaded you to on the off chance your family was out of town. The first few days of break were one of these rare chances.

It was the perfect opportunity. You had two weeks of total freedom this year due to the Shiganshina High calendar's issue with scheduling things right. You'd spend the first day of the break partying with all your friends and the rest doing whatever you wanted. You were looking forward to it immensely.

Your parents were adamant about no parties while they took your brother to one of his academic competitions out of Paradis. Having said that, you told Eren to come over as soon as they were out the door.

"You and those damn bagel bites," Eren mumbled as he shook his head. You were rummaging through your freezer for some more snacks, specifically your favorite.

Saturday, December 19th. It was six at night, already dark outside. You made sure your mother wouldn't call home tonight by telling her Eren, Mikasa, Jean, and Armin were coming over to spend the night. This sleepover disguise prevented their parents from asking questions as well.