ch6 - the popular topic

YO 500 READS LETS GO
~~~

YO 500 READS LETS GO~~~

~~~

If Eren didn't stop talking, Armin thought he was going to go insane. His angry blabbering about his most recent bad grade hadn't ceased since Professor Smith declared the last ten minutes of class free time.

Armin tried his best to tune out the noise by giving a quick eye roll and leaving you and Mikasa to deal with Eren's never-ending antics while he stared out the sunlight-dusted window.

Their moment of peace was quickly interrupted when Eren loudly changed the subject to you. "Enough about me. I meant to ask, what's got you so cheery this early in the morning? No comment on how annoying I am? Why aren't you telling me to shut up? Who are you? What have you done with Y/n?"

"Okay, shut up," you shushed him with a big grin.

He sent back an identical one. "There she is."

Mikasa's silver eyes trailed over you like a scanner. "For once I'm thinking the same thing as Eren. Did something happen to you?"

There was a moment of hesitation where you thought about holding back from telling them about the black-haired girl you met the week before. Jean had gotten over his initial distaste (mostly) and you hadn't spoken to Armin about Marleyans since the day you studied together.

Alas, you remembered that Mikasa had a sports rivalry of her own. She was never one to outwardly trash talk an opponent, preferring to observe the other team's plays rather than comment on them. Assuming Jean wasn't exaggerating, the intimidating girl facing you was not a fan of Pieck.

Then there was Eren, who took certain things considerably more seriously than others. If you thought Jean was bad, Eren was so much worse. Seeing him play was downright terrifying. Baseball was his main release of anger, which was apparent when he struck the ball with his neon-colored bat.

Jean disliked the Galliards but Eren hated them most of all. Marcel could've been a cool guy in Eren's book if he wasn't so quick to catch whatever Eren hit.

He hated Porco more. Porco was the star of the team and was always coming up with comebacks equally as lame as Eren's. He thought he had a dumb name and a bad attitude. He would never admit how good he knew Porco was.

What infuriated him the most was Zeke. Zeke used to play for Marley before going on to the big leagues with a side hustle of substitute teaching (Eren was beyond sure he only did the teaching to mess with him). He would show up to Eren's games but only when Shiganshina was playing Marley. Eren could never tell if Zeke came to watch him or his old team and that pissed him off more than anything.