ch3 - the loud library

when this hits 300 reads😎
~~~

when this hits 300 reads😎~~~

~~~

You never thought a library could be so loud. Everything had been going swimmingly ten minutes earlier. It was quiet, peaceful even, as you and Armin began to make good progress in your studies.

That was until Eren and Jean decided to crash the party.

You and Armin sat alone at a table near the entrance of the library. You quite liked being alone with him, even if all you were doing was studying. Finding time alone with your first friend had become increasingly harder as the years went on and more things came up.

You recited flashcards to the boy and he continued to get them all correct, like the genius he was. "I think you're gonna ace this, Min."

They blushed at the nickname you'd given him and looked at the table bashfully. "I don't know about acing. If there's anyone who's gonna ace it, it'll probably be you."

"Or Mikasa," you pointed out.

"But definitely not Eren." A voice that wasn't yours or Armin's came from behind you. Jean pulled out the chair next to yours and set his stuff on the carpet while sitting down.

"Hi, Jean. What are you doing here?" you asked, slightly annoyed that he interrupted your study session.

He let out an annoyed huff. "Well, I wasn't planning on coming here today. It's Tuesday, which means art club. You know that, obviously. I have Miss Nifa last period and the announcements in her room don't work, right? So, of course, they decide to announce art club is canceled during that period. And this was like, really embarrassing since I just stayed in her classroom for a good five minutes until she kindly kicked me out."

"Sounds like it sucks," you paused. "Wait, I literally have that class with you. I found out from Mr. Berner during photography earlier. Why didn't you question why I was leaving?"

Jean frowned. "I assumed you were coming back. I wasn't paying much attention at that moment, though. I was too busy remembering the history test tomorrow. You guys are so lucky you don't have Professor Smith twice a day."

You laughed. "You can say that again."

Armin touched his pencil to his lips. "That reminds me, how is your law elective going?"

Jean's eyes lit up in excitement. "It's actually going really well, despite the Professor. He's tough, but I'm learning a lot, and maybe one day- Ouch!"

His head flung forward as Eren's hand collided with the back of it. "What's up, guys?" he said calmly while taking a seat next to Armin, who gave him an unimpressed once over.