Chapter 1 // Minor Inconvenience

God, I could slam my head completely through this desk right about now.

Moments later, a harsh crash and a splitting headache emerged.

"I didn't mean it.." I quietly mumbled to no one in particular. Instead of sympathy, laughing greeted my ears.

"Bee boy's back at it again,"

"He is a rather strange figure, isn't he?"

"My god, he's such an attention seeker. It's every fucking lesson that he does this,"

The laughter only grew louder.

"Ooh watch it, he might get angry again!" A rather loud and tall blonde hollered, further sending everyone into chaos. My cheeks only heated up further. God, this was so embarrassing.

Realising I wanted to be out of there as quickly as possible, I pushed the table forward - legs scraping loudly against the tiles - before storming out of the classroom. The heavy door banged closed behind me.

What was that, the third day this week? It's only Wednesday.

This is all your fault, I thought, feeling my head buzz with the impact of the wood.

Is it now? A low, disembodied voice called. It was a deep, raspy sort of growl, almost like an angry wolf.

Yes, I responded without hesitation. Rather fed up with it, I stalked into the bathroom. A large metal sink (that spanned across the whole wall) was empty and gleaming: above that, a mirror of the same size, but less well maintained and of a plasticy material.

Glancing into it, I saw a rather irritated bruise start to form.

Great, just what I needed.

You know, you should run a tap. Wash your face, take the sting of it out.

That seemed like a very good idea, so I went to do just that. Except, when I reached out for the tap handle, it turned on. By itself.

In fact, all the taps were now on, and somehow there was blue towel clogging the drains.

Lovely, another thing to worry about.

Taking a deep sigh, I dipped my hand into the rapidly filling basin, trying to rip the paper out; one minor inconvenience, though, is that it wouldn't budge. It was like it was glued into there.

Now, the water was level with the edge of the sink, oh and look, it's on the floor. It's pouring all over the ground. Delightful, I really wanted that. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome, Bee. I groaned: I hated the way it sounded when it came out of its mouth. When it was said in its voice. It's low raspy - and frankly disturbing - voice.

Just when I was about to leave, a teacher rounded the corner, looked me dead in the eyes, and said:

"Toby, just come with me."

You owe me, I thought, very sincerely.

Whatever, Bee. And the presence went silent in my mind.

-

A/N

New book? I have so many

this one might end up being a short one, but it'll be my top priority I think. Astronomy is a rather heavy book I would like to not be writing constantly, you know, mental health or some mortal shit.

Aside from that, I ordered a microphone, boom arm and webcam. It comes Monday, and I'm nervous.

anyways, I hope you follow along on this journey with me, haha goodbye.

-

Word Count: 545 Words

-