Chapter 15 // Phone Ciphers

A/N

Okay so this book will hit 1k reads soon. Anything you want me to do for it? It is very much appreciated :)

-

I groaned.

Currently, it was Monday, and I wanted to cry. No particular reason, just that it was school.

Over the weekend, nothing that interesting had happened: after the café, Wil had headed back to his place, and Tommy and I played a few games. Nothing special.

But now, it was way too early, and I would rather roll over, and never wake up.

Not to be dramatic or anything.

I heard Tommy shift on the other side of the room, and then a figure stood up from his bed and shuffled to the door.

So, after much deliberation, I myself got up and staggered to the closet, grabbing some clothes and got changed.

After that, I made my way downstairs, where I saw Tommy making cereal.

"Have you seen my phone?" I asked to the blonde, grabbing a cup from the cupboard and putting a teabag inside.

"I saw it on the stairs,"

"What's it doing there?"

"Beats me," the blonde shrugged, returning to his muesli. This lead me to turn on the kettle, before jogging to the stairs to retrieve my phone.

However, when I turned it on, I almost dropped it in fright.

The phone, no longer in English, had its display littered in strange symbols - the one from one of the letters.

That's when I realised that I should tell Tommy about this.

He was really into cyphers. Like, really invested in the art. So asking him for help would make sense, right?

"Hey Tommy?"

"Yeah?" He answered, putting his bowl in the dishwasher.

"Come here a sec..."

The blonde walked over, and took a peak over my shoulder. He gasped.

"What is this..?" Tommy asked, carefully taking my phone from my hand.

"I... Don't know. I was hoping you could figure out what it says?"

"I think I might need help with this one. Maybe Gogy would be of help... And there's the matter with the phone allowing an unknown language.." and then he was rambling as he pulled out his own phone and dialed a number.

"Meet me at the usual place?" Tommy said into the device. "Yeah, yeah. See you soon."

Meanwhile, I walked back over to the counter and poured my tea, stirring it and adding milk.

"Come with me at lunch: there's someone I would like you to meet,"

-

Oh my fucking god, schools the worst.

Not to be dramatic or anything, but I'd rather hit this maths text book over my head - repeatedly - until I forgot my own name.

Don't be ridiculous.

Shut up.

And there goes xe, trying yet failing to be helpful.

The teacher seemed to drone on and on, occasionally pausing to drink coffee. It was funny how I could practically feel my brain melting into a pile of angst in my skull.

But suddenly, a sharp loud house cut through my thoughts like a hot knife though butter.

Finally.

Erika didn't respond as a tall brunette walked over, looking extremely nervous as he thumbed his obsidian.

"Hey Tubbo," Ranboo spoke, avoiding eye contact like it was the plague.

"Hey Ranboo..."

"Wanna... Wanna sit with me at lunch? I probably owe you an expl-"

"Oh, hey Tubbo!" An obnoxiously loud voice came though my left ear.

"Tommy!" smiling much brighter this time, I turned to the blonde.

"So, ready to go?" He asked, seemingly unknowledgeable of the other male. Considering that it would be incredibly awkward for me to even look at Ranboo right now, I opted for saying that I was.

"Great! Follow me; you're going to love George!"

And so I did, weaving through the masses of people as I desperately tried to keep an eye on the blonde curls of Tommy, as they floated a head above the crowd.

Somehow, in some mysterious feat, we both reached a computer lab door - unscathed. Tommy stood slightly in front, pushed it open, and walked inside.

The room was fairly large, large enough to house about fifteen computers and four rows of tables in the middle. On the farthest computer, a boy with chestnut hair was hunched over a chunky keyboard, furiously typing away. All the while, he maintained eye contact with the pixely screen.

"Gogy!" The blonde said, quite childlike. The other boy jumped and spun around, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Oh," he began, pushing his hair away from his forehead. "I was worried it would be Wilbur or something!"

"Oh god, what's he been doing now?" Tommy questioned, chuckling slightly.

"Well, ever since him and that pink haired girl - Niki, was it? - have started hanging out, he's been talking about her non stop. You would think they've been friends for years, it's honestly starting to make my ears bleed." George sighed. "I think they'll run out of games to play soon, they've almost beat the entirety of FireBoy and WaterGirl!"

Tommy snickered. "Sounds familiar. You don't shut up about Clay either. I suppose you two are actually dating though,"

Clay? I couldn't help but get a small wave of recognition, but I had no idea what it's fetch was. Where had I heard that name before?I

Beats me... Erika trailed off, appearing for second before going silent once more.

Helpful.

"Tell him, Tubbo," Tommy said, gesturing to the computer boy.

"Huh?" Honestly, I think I was zoned out for the whole of that conversation.

"Tell him about the phone thingy," he probably repeated.

"Okay.." But at the same time as I pulled out my phone, I picked up a few of the letters from my bag. I have to tell Tommy at some point, right?

So I did. The both of them were told everything - and despite the insanity of it all, it looked like they believed every word.

But, even in the times I was rambling on and on, I heard a quiet muttering - yet, no one else's mouths moved, and both boys swore that the room was silent, save for me.

-

A/N

Okay so massive announcement: I'm continuing Beyond This by urtrashy. It's a DNF fic, and I helped with some of the plot so I was offered to finish the book.

So here I am. If you were reading it, or wanna check it out, search it up - I'm continuing it From there.

Anyways, have fun. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-

Word Count: 1084 Words

-